Guitar hum/feedback

phoenix

My guitar's giving out an annoying soft hum, and someone actually suggested i use contact spray on the electronic parts. Does it work? Or am i gonna regret spoiling the electronics?

Nope, using humbuckers. And i didn't know its inherent in single coils! What's the cause of the hum? Mine's like a very soft feedback that sounds louder at higher amp volume...

my guess is maybe its the amp. or your pedals. you sure its the guitar? plug the guitar direct to amp. if there's still hum, try plugging the guitar into another amp. and i dont see how contact cleaner can spoil your electronics, you may want to give it a try first.

Nope, using humbuckers. And i didn't know its inherent in single coils! What's the cause of the hum? Mine's like a very soft feedback that sounds louder at higher amp volume...

It actually sounds like a shielding problem. A quick visit to any guitar tech (like Beez or Kelvin) should solve it.

OK, thanks whitestrat, will go check it out, just wasn't sure whether there was a simpler remedy to the problem....

Back