Grand Finals For(Drum Challenge),(Band Challenge)-2.8.2008 6.30-9.30PM-*SCAPE

WFDlogo.jpg

Congratulation to Tan Boon Of Singapore DrumFest for securing the License for ( WFD ) from The World Fastest Drummer Organization – to find the "World's Fastest Drummer" in Singapore.

This is a Highly interactive Contest which consists 2 Categories: -

Fastest Hands and Fastest Feet

The top ten Fastest Hands and top ten Fastest Feet will probably compete in a "Finals Round Of Battle" for both categories (my assumption here)

To see Drummers going at 1,200 strokes in a minute (even Faster), full-throttle, smooth as silk, with their hands and feet moving over 20 times per second for a full 60-second run is simply an amazing work of technical proficiency," says Boo McAfee, co-founder of Extreme Sport Drumming.

I do not know as yet what is the Grand Prizes for this 1st-Ever WFD held in Singapore (but it’s definitely the 1st ever WFD here – just like our Singapore Drum Festival 2007 1st ever being held here within Asia last year…and we’re going to have the 2nd one again this year 2008.

Boy oh boy, Singaporeans Drummers ... you're sure lucky here.

WFD is coming to all of you – Next Month in July – Come see These Fast hand / Legs in action. NOT TO BE MISS ! - Contesting Them is even better - " NEED FOR SPEED "

PS: - WFD is not (World Fatest Drummer) right?…..

Below is the site: -
http://www.extremesportdrumming.com/

Cheers ! & thanks to Tan Boon once again.

Last edited:
Thanks ERIC!

On another note, to be accurate...WFD is actually brought to Singapore by Drums Resources with support from Singapore Drumfest.

Pls come and support by participation & involvement

drum olympics hahaha, is there a contest for most musical drummer?
it shld be damn fun to watch the drumolympics

Ha ha....we want to and we wish we could measure musicality.... but being musical is subjective..."musicality lies in the ears of the beholder"...having said that, still one of the things that we do look for is musicality at the Drum Challenge ASIA 2008 competitions.

Thanks.

Does anyone know what time the WFD contest will be happening on July 12th?

According to the website:

Preliminaries / Heats
scape Youth Park
*Sat 12th July
also featuring World's Fastest Drummer Contest

But it doesn't say what time is WFD. I only want to go and catch that. :p

Yeah, 12pm onwards is the Preliminaries and Heats for dunno what (band challenge or drum challenge)?

I think the WFD would be a small part of that day's event.

The poster and website not very clear. :p

yeah....not too clear....

go for whole day...think it will be great..hehe...

perhaps all will be happening at the same time...

all perhaps mix and match...hehe...in cycles of DC, BC and WFD..

Hi Sheylara and Lester Music,

just clear your doubts...

While Drum Challenge and Band Challenge is happening, WFD is happening at the side becos if you know what WFD is about....one thing that you must have know is that it makes very little noise. All are equally important!

The whole day stretches from 12 noon till 10pm. Drum Challenge will go first till 5pm and Band Challenge will be next from 6-10pm.

WFD will happen from 12 noon to 10pm.... and there is nothing to catch....everyone (including non-drummers) should just take a turn and try and go for it. And by the way , WFD is an event made possible by Drums Resources with the full support of Singapore Drumfest, Axis Percussion, Hasenfutz, Remo.

And honestly... we also hope everyone should support the local talents in Drum Challenge and also Band Challenge. You would be in for many surprises. Show some support!

To top it off, there's gonna be Ben and Jerry's ice cream on sale at prices not found at the outlets, popcorn, free Coke Zero, Donuts and also a lucky Draw at the end of the event.

updatedlogoddraft.jpg

Last edited:
wowow! Thanks, Boon, for the clarification!! :) You make the event sound damn fun lah! I'll go and try and stay as long as I can, then! Hope to maybe catch some SOFTies there! ;)

Hey it's this Saturday isn't it? .... Sheylara, I have lesson from 3 to 4pm at Music Lab, so if I go down can only be there at around 4.30pm....

Yohooo.oooo anyone else going?.

Eric

Dear Brother Eric,

you as a supporter of Singapore Drumfest....should come down sharp at 12 noon and leave at 230pm to go for lesson and come back at 430pm....HAHAHA....LOL

OK? Come on...

Boon

Har ? Sifu..This Saturday I've no lesson har? ...... hehehe Thought you gonna warm me up alittle bit before I go take part in WFD ...World Fastest Hands lah..... ..Nah..no..no WFD doing Single-Stroke I cannot, but World Fastest Hand eating Ice-Cream ...I can...I can.

Anyway Boon ... I'm working this Saturday and my work finishes at 1PM .... and as you all know (I will come by BMW - or Bus MRT then Walk) all the way from Jurong ...so I can only be there at 2.15 to 2.30pm earliest......

and Of course I will be there - Got WFD, Got Drum Challenge, Got Band Challenge also - all at one go...............3-In-1 ...... wah should be very nice.eee and I will be running here, running there - bery busy again lah.

Hey any Softie going please call me lah - at 97989977... we eat, drink, play have fun and TCSS ok this Saturday.

Sheylara:- my Sifu always tell me, must always be nice to fellow-DXS Members and Drummers, so I'll be Extra-Nice to you since we are both his Direct-Drum-Student....Hm.mmmm ?????? - Lunch ?, Dinner ? , Supper ? hehehehehe ! ... and..no BMW with you ... Take Taxi.

Last edited:
Eric: Hahaha! World's fastest hand eating ice-cream huh? I want to see that on Sat!!! :p

Anyway, I'm sure you're already nice to fellow drummers (and people in general) without needing sifu to teach you that. You're very joker lah! ;)

See you on Saturday, then! Will call you to arrange meetup. We can have lunch... if you can tahan until you reach scape. :p

Hi all Drummers (DXS Members especially)........................

It's great that Sheylara, and another new Female Drummer (Jaceyln) will be attending this Saturday - Full Day at Scape for the Entire 3-In-1 Program.......Please do come and support our Local WFD & Singapore Drum Festival 2008...

Please do call me, and I'll be there this Saturday by 2pm - going to have my lunch with Sheylara and Jacelyn (both are one of DXS most beautiful Female Drummer hor) -of course I know, I've met and seen them before liao.....

Please call me Drummers, I need you to help me share the Bills? ...Kekekekeke !..

Seriously - Please do come support this wonderful event ok?......

PS: - and...I will be like a Rock-Star this Saturday...NO I mean wearing like a Rock-Star only.

Boon: - - Can you ask "Ben and Jerry's ice cream" to organise a World-Fastest-Hand-Ice Cream- Eating Contest....so I can Partake mah ...Yum..yum...kekeke !

Last edited:
Hahaha! Looking forward to it!

Jacelyn (if you're here): skip dinner the night before and skip breakfast! We must strive to eat Eric's wallet empty on Sat! :p

lol joking.

Sure Sheylara, no problem, cause I'm prepare liao. (this one not my Sifu teach me one)

1st of all, Jacelyn is a Soft Forum Member without a single post as yet (Hehehehehe). I met her at Jamming Studio (after our Band Rehersal) and she was practicing her Drum Lessons (as she is also very new into drumming I think 6 lessons only) alone all by herself....so I call her she said she will keep the entire Saturday Free for the event - wow.ww great spirit.

Secondly, Jacelyn will be taking Lunch with her mummy 1st at Orchard Road before she meet up with us...so she probably only order a Drink (when with us), cause she is not a Titanic (hahahaha !) .... That leaves the 2 of us taking lunch....and you don't eat alot one hor looking at your size ? Kekekeke.

PS; - I say 1st har - we go food-court ....

Latest posts

Back