Good To Me - Planetshakers (Guitar/Bass Cover) - Fractal Audio Axe FX II

j_m_s

*From the video description*

Watch in HD!

Been awhile since my last video! Since then.. I've been bogged down with loads of work and spent a week in hospital. Finally found some time to record and upload some new stuff, hope you guys like it!

Guitar and Bass cover of the Planetshakers' song "Good To Me" off the 'Heal Our Land' live CD. Really like this song! Have been looking forward to it since I heard the demo version.

Love the catchy bridge riff!

The guitar used is a 1992 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus. Its got Suhr Doug Aldrich 's humbucking pickups and a set of RS Guitarworks electronics into it. These upgrades made the whole guitar open up even more and sound better than with the stock ceramic pickups. Plugged directly into the Fractal Audio Axe FX II which goes into a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and then through firewire into my macbook pro. I used the FAS amp model on the Axe Fx II.

There aren't that many EG parts in this song so I added another in.. On the album version, the guitar does NOT come in on the Pre-Chorus.. In the video, I played guitar on the pre-chorus as well because I feel it helps to build the song into the chorus.

For the bass.. I used an Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM bass, it's got active bartolini pickups in it and the vari-mid EQ circuit. Running straight into the Axe Fx. Here's the interesting part.. I'm not using any amp with the bass. Inspired by a patch on the fractal forums, I tweaked a tone using only filters and Geometric Equalizers and this is what I got. Credit for this idea goes to the guy on the forums (can't remember his username!) Again.. from the Axe Fx II into the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and then into the MacBook Pro.

I'm not sure why the video for the bass is a bit out of focus.. But oh well! I tried to do a multiple angle guitar shot for the guitar take (as you can see there's another tripod in the frame), but I couldn't import those videos to my mac for some reason so I had to settle for just one angle! I originally intended to record a drum cover as well of this song, but am running short of time to do so given that I've got some major exams coming up. Maybe in the future!

The blue wire dangling down the side of my jeans is for my In-Ear Monitors (Westone UM3x), which I was using to listen to/play along to the original track.

Do click Like/Subscribe if you've enjoyed it and share it with others!

Guitar: 1992 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus w Suhr Doug Aldrich Pickups
Bass: Ibanez Prestige SR1005 EFM
Cable: Klotz LaGrange w Neutrik Plugs
Amplifier: Fractal Audio Axe Fx II / Vox AC4TV
Effects: Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Audio Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
DAW: Garageband on a MacBook Pro
Camera: Sony HDR 10E
Lens: Wide angle converter VCL - E07A
IEMs: Westone UM3x
Video: iMovie 09

Follow me on the social media below for gear-related pictures and more!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/jmsmusic1
Tumblr: www.jmsmusic.tumblr.com
Instagram: jmsmusic

www.planetshakers.com

* All original Audio tracks for the song are property of Planetshakers Church!

Back