getting kicked out

i've never experienced it but i think it sucks. But i don't think you should be mad at your bandmates eventhough they are your friends cause maybe they think you're not playing up to expectations and it isn't just a point of view from just one person...

never had this experience. all bands ive been in ive always been voted band leader. i dunt know whether its because im lead guitarist or something. but one time my band had auditioned a new singer and we entered asian beats reached semis and the singer was planning to gather my band mates and kick me out after the semis. my band mates obviously known me longer so they hated him for that. not naming any names though. Back stabbing is worse than kicking out. im lucky enough my band mates are more like my family. But until now our line up had changed few times and the only original bamd mate who stuck by me all the way through was my drummer. shes a god send.

LOVE THY BAND BAND AS FAMILY AND TIMES TOGETHER WILL ONLY BE SPECIAL AND MUSIC CREATED WITHIN YOUR BAND IS WHAT UNITES YOU ALL.

A: " hey man..we got somthing to discuss man"

B:" wad about?"

A:"look..ur a nice guy with great guitar skills but.."

B:"but wad? im nt good enough?"

A:"no no..ur good..juz that..its not funny that u get an erection lookin at Johnny sing man..and then the humpin on the mic stand..its juz so..u feel me?"

B:"yes..ok..im not wanted here" *leaves*

8O

sian remind me of sad memories. i last time used to be in this cover band formed by friends (real life friends, not net friends btw). thought we were on good relationship until one day i found out there are days where they jam without informing or asking me at when the drummer told me about it. he intitally ask me why i always not free for jamming, then he say the other guitarist say i not free so they jam without me . .

wa lao really sadded and dismotivated at that time lor, i treat them like buddy buddy help the other guitarist setup his guitar properly as well (he is quite new to guitar, but now should be okay liao, happen donkey years ago) and help me change pickups taught him amp settings and thingy then he treat me in this way. i was so into the band that time man, was already making few original songs myself and i always turn up for jamming, pratcise and meetings. i dont know but i think the bassist and guitarist jealous of me mainly because i know much more technical stuff than them? i am closest to the guitarist lor, so was like wth, so in the end didnt confront them, just sms the drummer i am leaving and nvr reply him liao, which is really rude lah but that time i am really sian

after that incident, i totally didnt bother to go into bands at all, i am a strictly bedroom guitarist now, what a bad experince

i got kicked out before as well in 2003. band thought i was too flashy.... at that time i was into the whole glam rock thing still....leather pants, colorful shirts and running around stage whenever i can evne if the stage is tiny.

not really sad, just disappointed. coz playing live is a damn fun thing to do

got kiked out because they i was not malay.
til today i am still very wary of playing or joining bands that have all malay players.

woot...

in my band, there's no such thing as leaving the band....

its either u r psychotic, attitude problem or u r involved in a shoot-out...

aquanaut Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:09 am Post subject:
got kiked out because they i was not malay.
til today i am still very wary of playing or joining bands that have all malay players.

I dont think its a "race" thing - more like a "clique" thing Maybe in your case it just so happene that the "clique members" were malays...It could happen to U if you played Canto in an all Chinese band (assuming your not Chinese) or Bollywood Rock in an all Hindi band (If you're not Indian) or A Jinkeli Nona Cover band (If your're not Eurasian).

I gave up my bass slot in the local all latino band I was playing with in Clarke Quay coz I felt a Spanish born bassist who knows the material and speaks the language of the band would fit in better. I just felt better to play with my "clique" which is of course currently RETRO GROOVE.

As for being kicked out - happened to me long, long time ago in my very first ever neighboorhood band, when I was barely starting out and didnt even own a guiter - singer was the band leader who replaced my ass with a rocker dude who owned his owned FR strat ... from there, I formed my own band and the rest goes down the annals... :wink:

however though for those young kids that get kicked out from bands.

instead of complaining and making big hooha. they should look at themselfs and wonder what might have gone wrong.

there is always something that we can learn from these experiences.
so perhaps when you join the next band. you wont do the same donts that you did that got you the boot.

but the most important thing is.. you must enjoy each time you play with the band and secondly you must enjoy your music.

and just a small pointer that i thought might be useful for the younger lads.
please join the band that shares your same genre interest.
example if your into indie and play indie.
please dont go and join a metal band just cause you want a band to play for.
just keep practicing and talking to alot of musicians. keep learning.
and the bands will come by itself.

Back