Getting hard-to-find strings online

gtuckerkellogg

I needs to buy some strings that as far as I know aren't available in Singapore (This set here). I'm happy to buy 10 sets at a time, but the cost of shipping is USD50. I'd buy some additional guitar and mandolin strings, but it's still not enough to justify the exorbitant shipping costs.

As far as I can tell, I have a few options: convince a store here to stock them, get some other folks to go in on a larger order to make the whole thing worthwhile, or find someone to bring them from the US on a visit.

Are any stores likely to include specialty strings for a customer?

You can try using a service such as Vpost. Ship to a US address, and they will forward the items to you. Shipping should be more reasonable, probably SGD30. Dont think local shops will stock specialty strings if there is no demand

You can try using a service such as Vpost. Ship to a US address, and they will forward the items to you. Shipping should be more reasonable, probably SGD30. Dont think local shops will stock specialty strings if there is no demand

thats the best option for u. you can compare shipping prices between other similar services to vpost such as borderlinx, hopshopgo or comgateway and decide which one to use

you can also do a mass order to consolidate orders and share shipping costs. but once your shipping package gets over 400sgd you have to pay tax, so try to keep it below 400 or 300usd

Back