G&L Guitars

angeldogleslie

Any where i can get G&L guitars ???? They seemed damn old, and looks like telecasters but they are damn good anybody noe where i can get them ?

If you are looking for strat, i tink Guitar 77 has one.... they also have a tele... Yamaha Music Plaza has lost the dealership for G&L... so right now no one is bringing it in...

angeldogleslie said:
Any where i can get G&L guitars ???? They seemed damn old, and looks like telecasters but they are damn good anybody noe where i can get them ?

G & L guitars come from post 1964 era in which leo fender( the original fender R&D+owner+designer , all hail his name) designed and built with another dude after selling fender to CBS in 1960s

the L in G&L stands for LEO as in LEO, FENDER. apparently , G & L had some QC problems towards the late 1970s and Leo fender left the partnership . so check ya gear year edition b4 ya get it . if my memory dosent fail me , Leo fender combined with his former plant manager robert white , to start up the musicman brand of guitars and amps after he left G & L

well that guitar 77 uncle wun sell his G&L haha cus thats the Straydog's guitar he from the straydogs. Dennis Lim he's the bassist for the straydogs. Trying to find one since i tried his G&L telecaster whoa damn nice man

just a correction... Leo left Musicman 1st b4 joining G&L... which is d last company he was with until he passed away... regards...

angeldogleslie said:

Music Plaza used to deal in them but presently do not.

If you're looking to purchase, you need to buy from overseas.

The second hand market should be able to find but it won't be cheap. GnL can last damn long due to super constuction. The good thing is they never try and improve their models. So you got the same old sound as they have always made it. I'm a proud owner of a GnL bass.

yah manz.. agree with u man Corlando... i used to have a G&L Legacy Special... it's darn excellently constructed... tone is superb...
angeldogleslie... u can try out the Skyhawk that someone is selling at Luthers... i've tried it at Guitar77... it's damn shiok.... $1k is a very good price cos that model is a limited edition run and it was produced during the time before Leo Fender passed away (he was still with G&L).. and it uses the 3 point bolt on system (which after Fender passed away, G&L uses the 4 point bolt on system)...
ROck onz!

Back