Fulltone Plimsoul for sale - MINT and CHEAP!

voodoochile

Hi all,

A re post for 2 reasons. First to add that the price is the lowest to whatever Ebay (excl shipping) or any local retailers are selling currently.

Second, to stress yet again that this unit is pristine in all aspects and works fine 100%. It has not been modded. I had a buyer questioning the condition of the pedal's innards which could be logical for a 20+ year old Boss DS-1 /SD-1 / metal zone or Ibanez TS-808 which have been modded to death with any one of the 1000 mod kits floating around. However this is a relatively new design and pedal from Fulltone. I am a musician. Not an electronics dealer. I can guarantee the condition of the pedal and the fact that it works 100% with no issues like noise or scratchy pots (again this is valid only for old pedals). I cannot guarantee on electronic component condition and integrity as that will mean taking a multimeter or oscilloscope to check that the component resistance or capacitances are all still AS PER Fulltone's original specs.... Mike Fuller himself will show his middle finger to such a stupid and paranoid question.

Taking things in perspective, I have sold in good faith amongst many stuff a MacBook air lite, a BK butler tube driver, vintage Electro Harmonix memory man deluxe, Fender Champ 1973, Suhr riot, Lovepedal superlead, MXR carbon copy, Analogman chorus, original 1982 Ibanez TS-9, Keeley modded TS-808, Fender Mustang, EJ strat all along the same standards of being in similar pristine condition. I do not see why a Fulltone Plimsoul would ring any alarm bells to any sane buyer not suffering from schizophrenia.

I have on hand a unit of the excellent sounding Fulltone Plimsoul. This pedal is a first in the industry in that it combines adjustable preamp overdrive ( soft clip distortion like SD-1 / TS-808 / BD-2...etc but with more gain range) and output distortion drive ( hard clip distortion like the proco rat / MXR distortion +... etc).

With 2 types of overdrives, you can get an incredible range of tones and distortion variety.

I am selling because I simply do not need that much gain with my Engl amp.. anymore. This is Fulltone's dirtiest and gainiest pedal... Amazing thing is that it still cleans up when the volume knob goes down.

Used indoors like for 3 or 4 jamming sessions. In pristine condition.

Going for $190 after price revision. Hit me with offers but no lowballers please. Whatever Ebay is selling (with shipping), I can match an equivalent or slightly lower price.

Voodoochile
9889 3359

Mike Fuller would show his finger to even a lesser question.

Fulltone make some great pedals but Mike is opinionated and has terrible customer service and is a pain to deal with, and anyone who has dealt with him in the past, would have clarifications of a seller of his used items, before buying his pedals.

Mike Fuller would show his finger to even a lesser question.

Fulltone make some great pedals but Mike is opinionated and has terrible customer service and is a pain to deal with, and anyone who has dealt with him in the past, would have clarifications of a seller of his used items, before buying his pedals.

Thanks for your responses.

Well I do not know the guy well enough to make him a saint or to vilify him. I only had one mail exchange with him nearly 8 years ago about the fact that a Fulltone 69 I bought had no NKT275s in them. True to form he burst out saying he never said he used NKT275s and that he used whatever felt and sounded best. He added that if I did not like it, I could sell it off. Is that the Mike Fuller you know?

Then I re read the Fulltone 69 description and it was true he did not explicitly say he used the NKT275s exclusively.
I just wrote back and acknowledged that there were some Fulltone 69s with the NKT275s so I assumed that all had the same transistors. I added also and this is true that the pedal does sound good in a way a vintage germanium fuzz does. Better than the London fuzz or the Dunlop fuzzes. I asked if he based his design and measurements on an actual dallas arbiter fuzz from the 60s. Guess what his responses were. He turned 180 degrees around and thank me for my "intelligent feedback and questions."

Conclusion? The man is talented and has an ego for sure. This guy is working like a typical Chinese businessman in that he invents and develops the products, wants total control from idea inception all the way to how the product is sold to how his distributors sell the product. A one man show really. Its shows in the way he is struggling to match supply to demand amongst all his authorised distributors which he not only keeps on a very tight leash but also exhibit preferential treatment to the top Fulltone sellers. No wonder customer service / PR has to take a backseat.

We all know its an uphill battle that no one wins especially when going against super mass production brands like MXR and Dunlop and BOSS and Ibanez. This is the same as PRS trying to be as big as Gibson or Fender. Not happening at least in this lifetime although for other reasons too. Keeping quality in a 30 man shop with a 30 pedal a day output is not the same as keeping quality in 3 separate thousand man factories churning out hundreds of thousands of pedals a day. Lets not even talk about managing channels and distributors with supply and stock issues.

Add to that he seems to harbour some rockstar aspirations too as he is still releasing albums and jamming with his own band.

Wampler pedals from Brian Wampler on the other hand is way ahead of the PR and marketing thing. Great pedals and enjoying booming popularity.

I will give Fulltone pedals this - If you were to take every component out from a Fulltone pedal and compare them individually with a similar pedal from another brand, it is likely that the Fulltone will surpass almost all brands in terms of quality and robustness. The Fulltone true bypass switch is a tough mother and has yet to breakdown on me which is more than I can say for some pedals like a Keeley modded TS808 I got years back. The Fulltone inductor and potentiometers are all custom designs in the Clyde wah giving a smoother and quieter operation than nearly every wah I tried. Of course the tone and range of the wah is a subjective thing and I do not wish to get into the best wah argument.

As for overdrives like the Fulltone drive2. I will say that all manufacturers are guilty to a certain extent of modding from well known classics like the TS808 and Boss SD-1. Putting in more EQ or adding more bottom end / top end...etc.

Sorry for the rambling.... Where guitars and effects are concerned, I can really go on for days.

Voodoochile

Back