First Demo: Khai Han - Wanna Be Loved

That's a nice song and nice vocals. But if you add some harmonising and some strings at some part, it'll sound much better.

Well done! Keep it up!

Saluti!
Tetragrammaton

Were you using a nylon guitar? The guitar sounded muffled.
The vocals seemed to be far in the background.
I couldn't hear any reverb which would add a nice touch to the emptiness of the song.

It sounded like an acoustic guitar to me.

The levels are just a little low, had to turn up my speakers to hear it.

Otherwise, well done, I like the vocals.

Thanks mates. =)

Well, a lot of people (other friends) have told me about the volume but i'm using AT earphones on my Acer Lappy and its actually alright.

Yeah its a semi solid Jack & Danny Electro Coustic Guitar, recorded on an AT mic (not sure what model).

About the vocals being far in the background, it sounds rather near (i've tried listening to it on a few computers) so maybe its your sounds settings. Another reason (if you're using speakers/earphones) the cable isn't plugged in all the way. I get that sometimes. ><

I wanted this demo to be as unplugged as possible without really changing much of the original feel to the song. At the moment, another friend of mine is mixing it so i'll put it up once i get it from him.

Anyhow, thanks a whole lot for your comments! Will keep em in mind for future recordings/demos. =)

hey i like the tone of your voice. u do great with easy listening stuff as u said. y dun u try something more rock? like hanging by a moment by lifehouse? r u doing any gigs? how long u been playing the guitar

Thanks.

I have 1 rock piece which is called Leaving me Behind. But that'll be out sometime in mid march. For the rough track, check out my reverbnation.com profile.

I am doing a gig this Feb 29 at Arab Street. I'll post it up on soft soon.

I've played guitar since 3 years ago. But kinda on and off..

=)

hi there! i think it's a great piece! but the song(tho really good melodies and all) needs a climax. like maybe start strumming? i feel the plucking gets a little monotonous but other than that it's really good!

thanks mate.

i'm not really into the guitar part. its more on the singing.

its really a chillout, sweet romantic song and its how i wanted it to be. =)

but thanks for the comments!

great song bro. good voice too. yeah maybe needs a climax...or maybe not..haha.
and the lyrics is so like what im thinking.

hey man,
love the song. it was playing on repeat on my itunes for awhile one day. ho ho ho. see ya soon ya.

Hey Sara =) Thanks. Btw, i have a proposal for your band. i'll pm u. =)

theunknown, thanks. =) I don't think my song needs a climax. I love it the way it is. Its for people who are looking for love. You don't want climax. You want a song that you can listen and say "Yup. I was thinking bout just that." And i love it when people tell me that. =)

Anyway, i just came from my gig at Arab Street. Awesomeness... tho i screwed up a bit. lol.

I really like the tone of the vocals, but I do agree that the levels are a little low. But a nice listen to just chill.

Cheers

Back