Ferrari dirver bashed up in malaysia. i'll be blunt here..

hayabusa

guys, i'm not sure if there's a thread on this matter already. last week a ferrari driver was assaulted along the highway after his car crashed. as a malaysian reading this news, i don't symphatize that guy at all. why?

I travel on the plus higway frequently, and from my experience, singapore drivers can be such on our roads. i have NEVER seen a singaporean car driving at the speed limit of 110kmh. all flying like it's their father's road. some even got the cheeks to flash me from the back when i'm 'blocking' them. summon so cheap, and if get caught speeding just pay the bribe. only rm50 what... serve them right if they get into trouble.

in the straits times one driver interviewed said "since it's their road we should give them the leeway" -:confused: hello, it's not about who's road it is, it's about respecting our country's law!

so if you come to malaysia, do behave and keep a low profile. if not the thugs will get you and the police can't be bothered to help you after that.

cheers

I travel on the plus higway frequently, and from my experience, singapore drivers can be such f**kers on our roads. i have NEVER seen a singaporean car driving at the speed limit of 110kmh. all flying like it's their father's road. some even got the cheeks to flash me from the back when i'm 'blocking' them.

Aye, are you sure that you have always travel at 110km/h? And I don't think speeding cameras on the NS highway are meant to catch Singaporeans because the percentage of Singapore cars on the highway is so small.

Bro,

- There's a difference between somebody behaving badly, and for that person to be a victim of a crime. We don't condone the former, but we should also condemn the latter.
- In this particular case the Ferrari driver was assaulted not because of road rage but because of attempted robbery. So, where's your outrage against rampant crime in Malaysia?
- I wonder what your reaction will be if the driver was not driving a Ferrari but an average Japanese car. They have been robbed too.
- In a sense, I can understand your reaction to the Ferrari convoy on the NS Highway. I might feel the same. I guess it's a human thing. But perhaps it says more about us than the other party.
- Yeah, I too will feel irritated about the flashing from behind your car.
- Bribes - agree those people are dickheads, but they wouldn't dream of trying that in Singapore. Malaysia needs to fix the corruption situation - hit the bribe-taker (and very often the bribe instigator: "Tuan, you can pay fine to me and you don't need to go police station) and the bribe-giver.

Last edited:
First of all, I think everyone should be respectful wherever they are. Be it driving, visiting, etc.

There are people who just don't care and don't give a damn on anything and there are people who just are the opposite. Likewise, what you said about Singaporean....unfortunately there's some truth. Likewise, there are many Malaysian driving in Singapore recklessly. Especially those motorbikers. They can zig-zag here and there like their 'father's road'. That is also why, the death figures for road accidents mainly involving motorcyclist kept on rising by Malaysian here. There is no need to blame on who is right or wrong. The fact is, lives have been lost.

I have drove to Malaysia on many occassions. I have encoutered my window screen being smashed just because I'm driving a mercedes. Not that I'm flashy or what. But the fact my number plate is a Singapore number plate that's why. Nothing inside the car to steal. When reported to the authority, what they do? Nothing. Waited for more than an hour at the empty police station and was told if I want to bring up the case further I have to leave my car at the station. What a crap? I had the same incident twice for the record.

So, to be fair let's not pin point if Singaporean or Malaysian are being nasty at someone's backyard. It's all about individual. I have seen one of the big guy from Johor cross Singapore border with his personal speed boat accompanied by his personal soldiers(armed with rifles) and our authority gave in to him. Wanna where? It's at Kranji. What do you call that? Scared? Bullied? Well, it is not my jurisdiction to judge anything.

But one thing for sure, I have stopped myself from driving to Malaysia. In the old days we are 'serumpun' irregardless of race. I live in the era of the marvellous 60's times. Unlike today.

Ankh

Ankh, agree. About your serumpun comment....

I think there are 2 things going on:

1. All the race issues being stirred in the Malaysian political scene. Instead of being statesmen-like and providing leadership to the communities, the politicians are the very people who instigate all sorts of ill-feelings. Singapore is seen as a Chinese majority society and hat adds to the friction between the 2 countries, filtered down to the individual level.

2. Singapore-bashing - instead of cultivating good relations, again the same people stir up trouble for their own ends. So, everything Singapore is bad and cars with Singapore plates (whether behaving badly or otherwise) become targets of vandalism and petty crime.

As long as things (political, social, racial) remains unsettled in Malaysia, relations with Singapore (at official and man-on-the-street levels) will still be problem-bound.

I do travel to msia quite often for petrol and seafood , me and my gangs of friend whom drove there in group of 4-6 cars usually speed in the highway i admit. however , the security in msia is really bad , once we stop by " DA MA HUA YUAN " for seafood , i park my car and when i was about to alight , a motorist park beside me and swing his helmet and hit my car , i look at him and he stare back , so ok i turn away and pretend it was ok . when we are out , my friend whom park near the staircase , have a broken window. we asked people sitting near the stairs and all say " Nothing , never see anything ".
conclusion , M'sian might think that s'pore drive can be bullied because we are afraid of m'sian :(

Yes betsy, nice to know that we still have that 'serumpun' spirit.

I'm not saying we Singaporean are the best of people. But we don't look Malaysian differently here as such we can see many bus drivers in Singapore are majority Malaysian. They can work and live harmoniously without any prejudism. I was born in Malaysia myself but did wonder what happen to the people now a days. In the 50's, people from the kampong said Singapore is a bad place to be. Everything bad was in Singapore. As someone who loved music, that's where I've travelled and eventually call this place as my home permanently. By the 60's, everything is different. Singapore started to be the hub of almost everything. Jobs, entertainment, mordernisation, etc. I found a job here playing guitar at Tropicana back then which is now where the Shaw centre is standing right now.

So, the point is we can't point out people of that nation or race to be bad. Just because an individual did something bad.

Let's all be fair, I was once a Citizen of Malaya which includes Singapore in it. Can't we(Singaporean and Malaysian) be what our forefathers have taught us to be? Come back to our 'Rumpun'. Be nice to one another and help one another.

Ankh

Don't agree with TS. If you realize, the buggers who do the speeding are usually driviing japanese tuners, not ferraris, I don't think the ferrari driver was speeding, and reading this article, I'm driving nothing smaller than a hummer if i'm going across the causeway.

Ankh=Yes betsy, nice to know that we still have that 'serumpun' spirit.

I've always thought of Malaysia-Singapore as two countries divided by a common history.

Because of the common heritage, we eat the same food, we still have leaders who hark back to that common place in history, the way we speak has more commonalities than differences, a lot of us have relatives on both sides, our economies are intertwined.

But we seem to be pulling apart more and more. On the one hand, this is expected, but conversely the divide is aggravated by the politicians. Bah!

wat a thread to start...

is it to threaten sporeans who want to go there?
or wat?

i dun see any threads on telling malaysians wat to do when coming spore...

hmm.....

=vege

Methinks, TS was feeling quite strongly about the issue and probably wants to canvass for some views here. That's quite alright in my book; everyone is entitled to their take.

In fact, I would not be surprised there are some Singaporeans who might well feel these Ferrari drivers has gotten their comeuppance. While that's understandable enough, getting bashed is quite something else. We should keep petty envy apart from condoning a criminal act.

Nobody deserves to be beaten up simply because of the clothes they wear or the cars they drive.

But it's a risk you should be aware of. You are more likely to be mugged when you make yourself a target.

Well first of all - who buys a Ferrari and observes the speed limit? No one... not a Singaporean or a Malaysian. The car itself is not even built for Singapore & Malaysia's speed limit. Our speed limit is like under performing the car.

However there is some truths about Singaporean drivers ignoring Malaysia's law. Most of the Singaporean cars I've seen speed like mad - I guess to release tension since in Singapore it's impossible to push the throttle (seriously). Some Singaporean cars I've seen are good road users - but it's very few compared to the speedsters. Most tend to weave in and out and cause dangerous situations for other motorists. Why? Not too sure - but my hunch I guess the fine or bribe does not even bother them. It's like small change to them. By "them" I refer to the speedsters. I guess we cannot group the whole country to one group just because of the bad apples - however the bad apples gives a perception & generalization.

Malaysians? Well there are Malaysians that weave in and out also. There are bad apples everywhere both in Singapore and Malaysia. My thoughts are if it was a Malaysian driving the Ferrari and met with an accident with the other fellows - they would have smashed the car up as well. I think it is more of the tension of the money divide. It's like the wealthy vs the ordinary citizen type of thing.

Oh yeah.... how do I know the couple were speeding? The rest of the convoy arrived later after the whole incident. Now don't tell me a whole convoy of Ferraris were observing the speed limit. Even if they were within the speed limit- why was this particular car so ahead of the rest of the convoy? Well the other possible explanation is that the convoy actually saw what happened from a far - but chose not to help.

They must be thinking "Heck - I better not get involved. Afterwards MY Ferrari will be damaged. Better him than me. How's that my problem?"

Chances are a Malaysian Ferrari convoy would think the same :)

Last but not least - if I've read correctly only the car was bashed - not the couple. Poor car :D but it's ok - it's got a rich owner.

Last edited:
Yeah.. Well.. What's f'd up is something else.. Someone I know of often paid those "bribes" in advance.. But guess what.. A couple of years later a summons was issued worth over 2k SGD.. Apparently they still reported his case over..

I still think betsybug has shown the best argument so far.. Couldn't add to your reputation (they said I had to add others first).. :???:

ohkie well singaporean might be arrogant abit

how about the crimes in malaysia?

rape?
force to have sex with a person ?
My ex almost got rape cos 5 guys chasing after her .
People getting kidnap?
Car get stolen
My dad car almost got stolen at j.b

well

we not perfect after all....

Last edited:
so if you come to malaysia, do behave and keep a low profile. if not the thugs will get you and the police can't be bothered to help you after that.

cheers

Well, based on your own words, it's nice to know that the cops in Malaysia will practice conditional law enforcement then huh?

You do your country no service by making sweeping statements against Singaporeans like that.
So should I say all Malaysians make sweeping statements? No.

This thread is baised and is just going to lead to either a flame war or some racist issue. I best think that this thread be closed actually ><. And im not siding any1, Dun get me wrong, i'm a malaysian too, but have been living in singapore for 8 years :).

If you were stopped on the road for "speeding" and was given a choice of a RM50 bribe or a RM250 fine, which would you give? :rolleyes:

Back