FENDER TELE

hmm... i can't seem to find the exact model number u posted on ishibashi's site, but in any case, for MIJ fender instruments, esp. the reissues, u can expect really good workmanship and nice attention to detail. i have a 62 reissue, its really good imho. seeing as ur tele is a '43, i think it should have an "ashtray" bridge, probably string-thru construction, and a fatter than modern "C" shaped neck.

if i'm not wrong the tl43 body is basswood instead of ash or alder. do take note of that when considering ur purchase.

nebo - for most of the other jap teles, consider the neck profile and wood preference that u like. most jap teles are more or less equal in terms of manufacturing quality, so it's mainly the construction details and specifications (Humbucker, bigsby) that you would consider when purchasing one.

344_1024.ts1129954486000.jpg

This looks damn nice ...
Think it's ash body...
but hai ... neck pickup is hum ...

bro...get a normal US vintage 1 ply pick guard & a texas special neck pup - problem solved... 8)

there's quite a few of this finish for jap teles, with 2 single coils.

the beck signature is one of them... don't exclude it simply because it's endorsement and might be pricer for nothing... in fact the specs do look quite interesting, with 2 american vintage pups instead of texas specials.

im getting this after 2 months of thinking and comparing

tn-85spl.jpg

actually wanted to get this but this has only 21 fret ( kinda crippled feelings and i play around lower frets alot)

tn7285.jpg

Normally I'm not a fan of teles but.........

OMG THAT BLACK TELE WITH THE BIGSBY IS SO DROOOOOOOL-WORTHY! :D

Used to love the look of bigsbys ...
but heard they got alot of problems ...
doesnt really stay in tune well ...

is this true ?

eh..the '52 tele caught my eye..the one at g77..yea..list 1280..shld be gettin it soon..so any comments?the model is 52-70us

i actually got one recently by order from ishibashi direct with the texas specials though...it's feels and plays great..sounds great as well..plus the body is just beautiful, would advise u to get one..

lol. i think maybe its coz im too vintage minded, but i kinda prefer teles with ashtrays, 21 fret really fat necks. lol. imho, the bigsby + binding makes it look... cluttered.

ive got a '62-'65, bought from luther sometime early last year. generally, i think u should check the specs, make sure u like them fat necks, coz jap teles generally are pretty thick, neckwise. also, the radius is more curved than modern strats and teles i think.

ok TL-43 review - there's one hanging on the wall at the wake me up shop, and i mess around with it once in a while. its really a whole lot of tele for the money, good feel, good factory setup right out of the box. individually intonatable saddles are a plus point, but they appear a little bit on the fragile side. most importantly though, its got that classic tele spank and snap and that's all that counts in my book. my only complaint is the top-loading bridge... i know there really isn't much of a diff if its thru body or top loading but somehow i just think it makes a difference. if the TL-43 is all you can afford then go for it.

'52 reissues - i've played a couple, and i've played with a few guys who used the 52 RI. fantastic, good feel (yes, i do dig the lacquered-to-death neck feel thank you very much), fat sound, really sounds way fatter than a tele ought to, but its all good. i'd have gone for it in a blink if i had the cash. not sure about the 52-70 (keef style, with the neck bucker), but i imagine it'd sound something like the US Fat Tele. not sure if it has a coil tap on the neck tho, but that would be a most welcome addition. the fat tele config for me would be the most useful, given my current musical applications.

BIGSBYS - screw the tuning stability issues, bigsbys are DA BOMB. i'm contemplating installing one on my SG std, after i install my HD Z-90s... mmm...

[quote="milkmesto"

'52 reissues - i've played a couple, and i've played with a few guys who used the 52 RI. fantastic, good feel (yes, i do dig the lacquered-to-death neck feel thank you very much), fat sound, really sounds way fatter than a tele ought to, but its all good. i'd have gone for it in a blink if i had the cash. not sure about the 52-70 (keef style, with the neck bucker), but i imagine it'd sound something like the US Fat Tele. not sure if it has a coil tap on the neck tho, but that would be a most welcome addition. the fat tele config for me would be the most useful, given my current musical applications.[/quote]

hehehehe I promise myself to give myself that guitar for my 40th birthday. Still a long way to save :D

Back