fender marcus 5 preamp problem

thomascat

hi.. can anyone tell me where can i find a fender service centre or anyone can repair the preamp of my marcus miller signature jazz bass 5 USA model? everything is ok except the treble knob not functining.. thanks

hi thomas .. you may just want to bring it to a normal luthier ... most probably something came loose in your preamp board circuit and all it needs is a simple solder job.

you may just want to diagnose the problem first and see if it can be recitfied by soldering or whatsoever ... unless or otherwise the preamp is seriously damaged ...

if it's damaged there are always replacements for the MM preamp ... by John East ... not cheap but worth the money ... for the original i'm not too sure ...

dude, i dont wanna scare you ah. but yours is actually the 6th(!!) news ive seen on marcus preamp problem. all the other 5s are my buddies or my buddies' buddy marcus having problem on their preamp. damnit.

thanks exin for the solution... kino... like that so pity huh.. fender come up with this kind of preamp..:( ya.. might wanna upgrade it to sadowsky.. anyone know where can i get the onboard sadowsky preamp in singapore?

you can try emailing bestbassgear.com to see if they have the sadowsky MM mod available .. i don't see it on their website but they do bring in the outboard preamp so i figured that if they are able to do that they are able to hook up with Sadowsky to get you a special order ...

thanks kelvin n exin... hmmm... i haven try sadowsky b4... so dunno about that.. just marcus do that. think might good gua...hmm.. any other preamp that can i fit in direct have vol-vol-treble-bass(treb/bass stack-mid) with active passive switch? need some recommandation.. thanks

thanks kelvin n exin... hmmm... i haven try sadowsky b4... so dunno about that.. just marcus do that. think might good gua...hmm.. any other preamp that can i fit in direct have vol-vol-treble-bass(treb/bass stack-mid) with active passive switch? need some recommandation.. thanks

Look up Glockenklang.

The last time the same thing happened to my marcus miller 4: treble know does not react at all. I just opened the control cavity and the lead wire to the treble pot came unsoldered on its own. It just needed to be soldered back. Done in 5 min. :)

++ 1 on the glocks ... i'm choosing it over the aguilar preamps i was thinking of installing into my bass ... the reviews seems good too ...

Aguilar Onboard Preamps

++ 1 on the glocks ... i'm choosing it over the aguilar preamps i was thinking of installing into my bass ... the reviews seems good too ...

Well, just for info, TYmusic have bring in some Aguilar onboard preamps series and i believe they provide installing services.

Regards,
Geos

i don't think anyone brings it into singapore at the moment.

if you want gotta check overseas.

Back