Fender contemp strat floyd rose problem

paperLEO

My friend tried to adjust the action, and the bridge became weird, like its detatched from the guitar. no idea how to fix it back cause she's pretty old and i guess i dont wana do more harm than good by trying to fix her myself.

Snapshot11.jpg

Snapshot13.jpg

Snapshot12.jpg

this is how it's supposed to look like before my friend tried to adjust the action (i think)
mijclosemn3.jpg

the flyod rose doesnt stick to the guitar like it used to however she still works as normal
so idk if this is normal or not.
any suggestions on self fixing it or should i just get servicing?
she's a Fender Contemporary Strat MIJ 1986 btw, thanks guys.:)

Last edited:
Your friend probably meddle with the screws holding the claw. Screw the claw into the body (Behind the guitar)

He didn't meddle with the screws holding the claw, (at least i didn't see him flip the guitar, i can be wrong thou)
But i know he messed with the pivot screws. Now the pivot screws are weird, when i tighten it, the floyd rose seems to move out of position.
But thanks for ur reply anyw cheers =)

OH! I know what your friend did. He basically raised the action? Yea just screw in those 2 springs behind if you want the floating to be less.

Alright, i'll try tightening the screws for the springs, if it still doesnt work then i'll send it to a shop =) thanks a bunch!

Did he change to a higher tension gauge? It's hard to see from just your pictures alone.

I think you should wrestle your friend on the floor because he shouldn't meddle with things that he is not familiar with.

hmm, i brought to a shop, turns out the strings were strung wrongly,:eek: but the gauge im not sure. he did mess with some stuff thou, but since it works fine now i guess its okay. thanks anyws =)

actually you have to be familiar with such stuff. it's your guitar so it's best to know at least how to optimise it's playability.

Back