Fast alternate picking

Appregios

Hi,i have some problem wif alternate picking...i dunno whether it is plucking the inner string of the outer string can anyone guide mi the correct way?thanks. :)

strict alternate picking means you HAVE to go down-up-down or up-down-up all the way. That's what some pros advocate. Although I personally prefer economy picking.

Vaiyen said:
strict alternate picking means you HAVE to go down-up-down or up-down-up all the way. That's what some pros advocate. Although I personally prefer economy picking.

sorrie wats ecomony picking?

economy picking is alternative picking...

in which u move the pick in the direction of the next string u are going to play instead of strictly up-down-up-down

Appregios said:
Hi,i have some problem wif alternate picking...i dunno whether it is plucking the inner string of the outer string can anyone guide mi the correct way?thanks. :)

Picking is developed as you play along .... it's alot of commitment and if you want to master the skill ... you have to make certain sacrifices. Just continue to play and you will find your picking refined. Dun be "overly worried" about improving yourself .... just enjoy learning new songs and technics.

One way to improve though .... is to play according to a mechtronome. Play witha slow tempo say 80. Practice your scales in Crochets, triplets, semi quavers, etc. As you keep on doing this ... you will realise your right hand movement will become refined. Remember to follow strictly to the timing. Turn up the tempo when you can make every note resound.

Back