Experienced Electric/Acoustic Guitar Teacher Available (West)

St@n

Hi there all aspiring musicians,
I am currently opening up in-takes for new students in my private classes. My current pool of students include beginners to intermediate learners across a wide range of age. I limit my mentorship to 10 students to maintain close guidance and ensure quality lessons for each of the students. Some has moved on to higher education, NS and other endeavours after learning for years. So now I have 4 more in-take slots available :)

I teach ELECTRIC/ACOUSTIC GUITAR from beginner onwards. Lessons are conducted at my house at Hillview (near Bukit Batok), with quality lesson materials, guitars(optional), amplifiers and other music gears readily available.

Lesson fee are as such:
$140 / mth for 4 lessons, each lasting an optimal duration of 1 hour.
Payment is upfront every month or 4 lessons (flexibility of lesson schedules to accommodate your busy lifestyles ;D)

About me:
I played the electric guitar for almost 11 years, and have close to 7 years of teaching experience.
Used to relief teach at a few small music schools in the west as an electric guitar teacher.
Played at community events, school gigs and mini showcases. Latest was the Yew Tee NDP neighbourhood celebration.
Music has been pretty much my life and i learned piano and music theory as well. I play both the piano and electric/acoustic guitar, though the later is my main instrument of focus / interest. Also personally do music recordings.

I know many students seek flexibility and engaging lessons that are enjoyable. Ultimately, my goal is to keep you motivated and interested to learn more and willingly improve as a guitarist.
I cover sing-and strum, blues, rock and most importantly, everyone’s fav pop music.

My lessons are designed such that students are put through a holistic syllabus, with flexibility of pin pointing specific things they wish to learn, or focus on what they wish to achieve. Lessons have been revised thoroughly over the years with past experiences to deliver the most effective and engaging lessons suited for different individuals. I also teach through songs that the student loves for a more well rounded learning experience. From a song, you will find that you can actually apply what you have learned and gain much more from it. Ask any professional guitarists and they will give you a similar answer to approaching guitar learning. Learning materials will also come from acclaimed school syllables and guides.

It is important to understand about the equipments at your disposal as well, and essential skills like how to play in a band as an electric guitarist and how to behave professionally as a musician will be covered too. Music theory is also a must to play proper so expect that to be taught too. There are no “proper” way to play or practise guitar, but knowing the fundamentals would definitely benefit in the long run. Then again what is proper in music? As long as it sounds awesome, whose to judge! But I'll provide these tips which can save you lots of time before figuring it out yourself!

As for my students, i always urge them to practise and practise. Its better to come prepared. My goal is to impart to you the knowledge and skills, to equip you with the ability to practise, improve and explore at home. Learning an instrument is ultimately up to your own effort and motivation. A teacher is a guide, someone to keep you motivated, and someone whom you can seek guidance from.
Always look for motivation to improve yourself!

Its going to be a relaxed environment with no stress whatsoever. No crappy equipments and stuff.
So if you're interested, do contact me at 92239346. Feel free to drop me a message if you have doubts!

Rock on,
St@n

Buses : 67,75,170,173,176,171,177,970,961,963
Nearest MRT : Bukit Batok, take bus 176 (Refer to map for details)

IMG_0464_zps50cbb0d1.jpg

IMG_0468_zps280f655b.jpg

HouseMapdirections_zps97d10c5e.jpg

Latest posts

Back