Electrico Amanda Ling

I don't think it's very responsible to make public such personal details when they trust you enough to let you know. Some people aren't proud about it and I think they would prefer to keep it private. Unless she specifically told you she doesn't mind people knowing about it, you know what to do Ized.

And a note, I'm not starting a forest fire. =)

shaneypants

I think i've already made my stand clear, anything after my comment is just adding fuel to an already extinguished fire. If you can read.

Back to topic. I think its a KORG KAOSS PAD 2. I wanna get one!

hi ized

thank you for sharing your two cents of gossip about my bandmate, someone that you said, you met once over prata. i wonder how you drew that conclusion about her orientation - perhaps she was snogging the waitress? You must be equally proud of your contribution to cheap gossip mongering as well as your close association with her. bragging rights indeed.

all the best with your musical career - if that doesn't take off, hey at least you know you can always find a job with the new paper.

Last edited:
Yes, let's do stop these gossips. Ized, you've contridicted yourself in your first 2 posts with regard to posting like this.

Ends here!

Last edited:
Danelectrico

Ok my apologies with regards to this. Was my bad....sorry if i've caused you any distress. Dint realise the consequences of my post.....and no bragging rights definitely. only one made by an idoit who dint think carefully b4 posting.

Anyways you'r right about the new paper part.....i may be going there for my internship. Not that i'm proud of it though. But at least i've learnt an important lesson with regards to social and media responsibility.

Once again, sorry guys.

Last edited:
hi ized

new paper internship? see, i'm psychic!

apology accepted - to the extent that i can accept an apology that was not a personal affront to anyone else except amanda. don't worry about it. we all say / do silly things sometimes...just treat this as a rap-on-the-knuckles lesson as to how public forums are really not the best place for coffeeshop talk.

anyway, let's just wrap this up and move on yeah. have a good internship - although it's questionable whether that's really the best place to learn ethics and morals in the field of journalism. :) cheers.

chaotic.. did any one see the last episode of crime watch last month? some guy post a stupid bomb hoax on a forum and got imprisoned for that.. but in this case its not aplicable huh?

well, you know you're starting to make it big when people start spreading rumours about your personal life ;)

I don't think it's very responsible to make public such personal details when they trust you enough to let you know. Some people aren't proud about it and I think they would prefer to keep it private. Unless she specifically told you she doesn't mind people knowing about it, you know what to do Ized.

And a note, I'm not starting a forest fire. =)

Why didn't my "warning" have the same effect? Damn, my ego is hurt. Haha.

Alright alright, let's stop. =)

bomb hoax vs defamation

off topic, but clearing up some misconceptions.

Chaser,

that's a different scenario totally. a bomb hoax is a criminal offence - the police and public prosecutors may try to find an appropriate charge under the Penal Code, but in a recent case they charged a bomb hoax perpetrator under Section 5(1) of the United Nations Act - which carries a fine of up to $100,000, or to imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both.

However, assume that on an online forum, Person X makes false and fraudulent claims against Person Y. Could be a rumour or a lie - it doesn't even have to be malicious. Person Y may have a claim against Person X in civil law under the tort of defamation or libel. To put it very simplistically - if a statement harms the reputation of the plaintiff, and is likely to either lower the plaintiff's standing in the eyes of others or cause others to avoid dealing with the plaintiff in a personal or business setting - that's defamation.

A court finding in favour of Person Y will award damages against Person X, but this will be monetary only - civil claims do not envoke jail penalties. Still, a defamation suit can easily bankrupt someone, as history has repeatedly shown - especially pesky political opponents. :)

Back