Earlier - Skye Soon (city pop vibes + animation)

speciallyi

Heya! Just wanna share my new original song "Earlier". Made a little animated video to accompany it too! Thanks for checking it out :)

nice funky piece, Skye

melodyline is flowing, words catchy... singing is clear, pitching good

your Artwork is fantastic

arrangement wise, can add a few more layers, like more retro pads in the background, some strings maybe, so it don't sound too emptea ya...

^ ^
Sky

Last edited:
Hi Sky!

Thank you for your kind comments! Will keep your suggestions in mind for the next project! :)

nice funky piece, Skye

melodyline is flowing, words catchy... singing is clear, pitching good

your Artwork is fantastic

arrangement wise, can add a few more layers, like more retro pads in the background, some strings maybe, so it don't sound too emptea ya...

^ ^
Sky

Nice work! You've got a great voice. I also appreciate the minimal production a lot too, no need for over processing when you have a strong idea right?Looking forward to your next piece!

I interestingly discovered that one of moustache's favourite bands, "daughters", which play satanic music, uses heavy layers in the arrangement.

Mel

Lol and what has that got to do with anything? I like the song that Skye shared and I responded with why I liked it. The arrangement choices she made fits the idea of the song.

As a postscript, daughters may take a somewhat maximalist approach to arrangement, but it also fits the genre. Maybe you should give them a try with an open mind!

Hi!
Thanks a lot for your comment! Wanted to go minimal this time and give more attention to the bass line, so I’m really glad someone likes it! Will continue to work and improve! :)

Nice work! You've got a great voice. I also appreciate the minimal production a lot too, no need for over processing when you have a strong idea right?Looking forward to your next piece!

Good job! The song is nice and catchy. Only thing missing is the bass guitar in the chorus section! May want to consider putting that in.

Heya! Just wanna share my new original song "Earlier". Made a little animated video to accompany it too! Thanks for checking it out :)

Oh my its so cute! Yea, missing out on the bass in the chorus!

Also, if you're cool with it, send me your vocals/stems. HMU so I play around with your voice/remix the song :p

Back