Drums repair service

Hi there
Any drummers know of any place where I could get my DW 4000 double pedals fixed?

The pedal sort of hit my shin during the kickback. I tried to open the pedals for adjusting pedals. But the nuts they are using are not standard nuts and my screwdrivers could not fit it.

So if anyone of you guys knows of any place for repair, please let me know. I tried calling Swee Lee. They do not have this service.

Thanks for reading this.

Are you trying to adjust the beater or did it get damaged when it hit your shin? Getting it fixed and getting it adjusted is a different issue entirely.

If you're hoping to get it adjusted so the beater doesn't hit your shin when you play, you could probably try to adjust the tension of the spring for the beater. The tension is probably too high thus forcing the beater to bounce back too much and as a result, hitting your shin. You could also adjust the height of the beater from the pedal. It might be placed a little too high and this creates a wider bounce after the hit. All necessary allen keys to adjust the pedal is provided when you first purchase it. If tools were not provided with the pedal, I would advice you not to try and take apart the pedal. The tools were not provided for a reason and if you do take it apart, you might end up breaking it or being unable to put it back together.

It could be the technique you are using that makes the pedal bounce too far back and hitting your shin. I used to have this problem for a really short while when I first started playing but I guess I kinda got the hang of playing the pedal and controlling it better? Not sure how to go about giving any advice for this but you just gotta try and keep practising yourself. You might probably be lifting your foot too far up from the pedal after the initial hit and since there is no resistance on the footboard, the beater bounces up.

If it is broken and needs a repair, your best bet is to bring it back to the shop you purchased the pedal from and ask them for help. Pedals don't break easily and when they do, there is usually no salvage for it unless it is missing a screw or spring.

All the best!

Thanks for the insightful reply namrehs.

It's just to adjust. Nothing damaged.

I bought it in soft recently and the owner do not have the Allen key I suppose.

I agree with you that the playing position is one area where this problem started. Just too resistant to change my playing habits.

I will have to find the Allen key toe remove one chain from the pedal. It could be done. However, like what you mentioned, without proper equipment the pedal could break.

Anyway thanks for your valuable comment. Appreciate it very much.

I would be happy to look at it for you ... I'm new here in singapore
But did all types of drum repairs back in the states ... I worked for music stores and did all the repair
For drum department ... I will be opening drum repair shop hopefully by end of year here in singapore
.... So let me know if I can help , contact me at 8one6one1009... " THE WIZARD"..

Back