Drum score needed

tensai

I don't really know whether this is the correct place to post this, but I am posting here because I am really desperate for help.

I need a score for a Chinese Orchestra piece, namely 滚核桃 (gun3 he2 tao2). I have searched all over the internet and found only 1 piece which I don't understand. Since it is a drum piece, I decided to post here as I felt that this was the most suitable place where I could seek help.

I hope that someone can help me or something because well, I need the score for an audition to the SYCO, and without it, I will be deprived of a chance to join. Thanks for reading this and sorry if I posted this at the wrong place.

you don't understand as in you can't read it? if you can't there are quite a few sites on the net that can teach basics on note reading.
Or are you looking for the score for a different instrument?

When I say I don't understand I mean that I don't know what the symbols mean because there are no notes there. As in, I understand the beat and stuff but the score that I found online is totally different from the scores I have had for Chinese Orchestra.

drum score is not at all like normal music scores. There are no, like notes. Each line represents a different part of the drumset, like the toms, snare or bass drum. Probably the only thing you can get out of a drum score if you play another different instrument is the time signature (is that what it's called? the 4 4 thingy)

may he found a tab. tabs arent scores rite? i dont read tabs anymore, i find them useless. but just do a yahoo search and ull find info on reading tabs. oh this mite be too late rite?

tabs are placements of beats.
whereas a score would be your beansprout aka daogei, just that it's not pitched so instead the lines represent different drums, cymbals and auxiliaries.

Don't really understand what you mean by you can't read the piece that you found

I need a score for a Chinese Orchestra piece, namely 滚核桃 (gun3 he2 tao2). I have searched all over the internet and found only 1 piece which I don't understand

maybe you can post the link here so we can have a look and see what you are talking about? if its a tab its not unlike what you have learnt before. its about the same. try to work it out.

haha sorry turbochicken - i guess was using the wrong words.
i meant like the notes do not have specific erm, is it called pitches? to them. they just relate to diff parts of the drumset. yep. oops. hehe.

Back