double pedals adjustments

DullTheater

played the double pedals and master leg is right...
so the left is naturally weaker.....
adjustments on the spring tension are done, but still i dont feel too good on the left

question is....
double pedals adjustments have lots of factors, beside the spring tension
example, angle of beater, inclination of the pedal and even the back foot rest..

enlighten me pls

Stick to identical spring settings for both pedals.
And TRAIN up your left leg.
Your slave leg may be weak, but it'll get up to strength in time... might as well start now.

The ideal spring tension setting is to find a balance between beater distance from axle and foot playing type.
The most likely reason you find that your left pedals feels wierd is because your left spring is set weak (I assume that you've set it like this so that you can compensate for your left leg's weakness). The weak spring cannot pull the beater back, away from the drum head, as fast as the right one.
This will create a lag which gets very annoying after long play.

Right now, I'm using Yamaha DFP9410 pedals with DW springs and beaters.
The DW101 beaters are very heavy and are about 5+inches away from the axle. Beater angle is untouched at a factory setting of 45 degrees. Medium weight DW springs are set to about 80% maximum tension.

thanx MP, i will try to find the topic ( as there are lots of other topics that i have read, and havent come across the topic on double pedals adjustments yet)

thanx destructos!
i will bear your points in mind

yea do keep ur settings of both sides uniformed...

i had my DFP9410s :D crank as tight as possible...6.5cm high footboard...same angle for both pedals...

the slave beater will naturally lag as its a double pedal...the resistance of the connecting rod is inevitable...

:D

Back