Double Bass

lars_ulrich

any tips for double bass speed. i can go pretty fast now ( i think) but i just wanna reach like lombardo speeds. any tips on that?

hey dude... just wondering do you live in HDB? I wanted to start playing dbl bass but kinda worried that neighbours might give me hell.. if you do, do you have any tips on reducing the sound?

Double bass sounds is not that loud if you pick ... I don't think the neighbours able to hear it ... However, if you start using the bow .. the neighbours will start complaining especially if you don't hold the bow properly or u never rosing your bow (Very squeaky)

lars_ulrich you could use a heavier beater for your pedals. use it for maybe 6 months or so. then after that switch to light beater... should have a pretty shocking effect.

the DW4000 beater i use at WeeLee BMC is bloody heavy. Then during a gig a TAMA IRON COBRA was provided and the result was just madness.

Mr_KeyboardMan said:
Double bass sounds is not that loud if you pick ... I don't think the neighbours able to hear it ... However, if you start using the bow .. the neighbours will start complaining especially if you don't hold the bow properly or u never rosing your bow (Very squeaky)

hehe.... got me confused a bit there... bass drumming with a pick??
heheh
no offence dude.. juz in jest

oh well i tried actually tightening the beater to but unfortunately im using a cheap pedal so it doesnt really go that far. but i am planning to buy my frends drum kit that he's selling and then ill have a double basss kit... anyone know if theres a diff using 2 bass drums?

tuning the to kick drums to match is gonna be hard... other den dat tip i dunno wat else to add for the improvement of your playing...

Latest posts

Back