Does rusty pickup magnets have affect to having clean sound?

as far as I know, pickup tends to weaken in time as it is basically just an eletro magnet. and electro magnets weaken when the metal starts to corrode. a weak magnet makes the pickup volume weak and makes the sound abit muddy.

if you want to restore the original sound of the pickup is to have if re-wound. I dont know anyone who do that here in sg though.

@ Bro Morlock, i know Scott @ Sound Alchemy did that once, but its time consuming and more cost/time friendly buy another pickup.

@ Bro ZiqBassist, It does not, at least not to me. My old Schecter sounds the same even with rusty pickguards, though it got changed immediately the next day, i hate the look of rusty pickups, strings, bridges on my guitars.

@ Bro ZiqBassist, It does not, at least not to me. My old Schecter sounds the same even with rusty pickguards, though it got changed immediately the next day, i hate the look of rusty pickups, strings, bridges on my guitars.
I have this bass, its an Ashton AB900 and it has pickups, I think its humbucker pickups or somewhat looks like musicman style pickups ( I'm confused between this two as they look alike. I've never seen humbucker bass pickups in shops, all I see are either P or J pickups. Maybe I didnt search the whole shop properly. Do you know where I can get humbucker pickups in Singapore? I read up about my bass and it says it has Humbucker Basstone with 1/4" poles passive.
Hope you can help me find humbucker pickups in Singapore. And I'm looking for a tone like Mike Dirnt of Green Day. And I dunno how to install pickups. Can the shop people do it for me?

Back