DIY cable

boofeng

Hello anyone here does DIY cable? Just curious about which cables are suitable for such application. I use Belden 9269 , but its not suitable for long runs because its rather stiff.

Have tried Canare GS6 before too, its suitable in all respects except being a bit too pricey.

So anyone got any recommendations? Or anything to share with regards to cabling tech... feel welcome to add to this thread ok?

Thanks

Bill Lawrence is gearing up to sell their low capacitance cable and connector. They´re very much like George L´s and from what I´ve read, Bill Lawrence came first then George L´s.

Will keep you guys updated.

oh good, thanks

Attachments

• SRMC_Scholarship.jpg
    SRMC_Scholarship.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 846
I make DIY cables occasionally, for myself and friends, and for longer cables (10 - 20 feet) I use the canare (w/ switchcraft jacks) without noticable signal (treble) loss. No hum/interference detected. Don´t know which model though.

Talk about cables. I bumped into one the other time, they are metal cased cables. Bloody X! Bet their sound would be fantastic, but who would buy them.

What´s up?

I´m using Monster Cables as well..the rock cable...I think one of the most important thing is the cable...I could hear the difference in tone...MC are much brighter and clearer unlike the cheap cables, they tend to be muddy sounding.

-Beast

hi,

Where are Canare cables retailed here? and on that note, where would someone buy Neutrik plugs? keen to start soldering some cables now...

Thanks!

Wong

Back