Different versions of the PS5?

Rossie

Suginaspedals.jpg

Image547.jpg

BOSS-PS-5.jpg

42479.jpg

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but is it just me, or there're different colors/versions?

That's why I'm not sure lol...

I've got the greenish one, the second picture above is actually mine, but some pictures on the web like music123, bossarea.com, shows the PS-5 in blue?

Hmm.

Sorry if I'm intruding on this thread, but I'm curious as to what the limitations of this pedal are.. I've read some online reviews and what I can gather is that this pedal is more for... single note runs?

Also I read that if you're slightly out of tune the note of the outgoing signal would be whacked?

Pardon me lah.. I'm interested in getting a Thin Lizzy kind of harmony without doing the extra work of overdubbing.

Yup, you'll sound pretty messed up playing multiple notes with the harmonist function. And tuning is an issue too. But overall, I love this pedal, the only problem is true bypass, which sometimes is a big problem because it sucks alot of tone. Can be easily solved by a true bypass looper though.

Go to Swee Lee and try one.

The main function is to harmonize the notes you play. It can act as a whammy pedal too.

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ps5.xml

this website provides a lot of info regarding boss pedals. do read if you are interested.

anyway with regards to the colour, I think its the lighting. it could also be due to decolouration ( if there is such a word :lol: ) over time. some say the newer DS-1s are in a darker shade of orange as compared to an old MIJ DS-1.

seriously, does colour really matter :lol: ?

I got mine new, and it's very green. The ones pictured in boss area, and music123 are blue-ish. Boss Area doesn't provide any additional info regarding the color of the PS5.

And yes, color doesn't matter, I was just asking whether there're different versions of the PS5.

Back