diff analog & digital effects

xtravel

hi guys, just starting out here, wonder why does lots of gitaris prefers those boss type anlog pedals theh the multi effects types ? btw which effect has a big fat sounding distortion . thx guys

Many guitarists feel that multi effects sounds... digital. In a way the multi effect kill their tone, although multi effects are usually much cheaper than a pedalboard full of pedals.

Multi effects are good for starting out, as beginners can experiment and try out the many different kind of effects, to see what effects the person like and what the person dislike.

Fat sounding distortion? lol... FAT. Try Electro Harmonix Big Muff, or Digitech Valve Distortion

Personally for me the reason why I use analogue is because it sounds better to my ears. It's about personal preference but generally, most people prefer analogue to digital. I'd keep an open mind, though, because some digital pedals actually sound great.

Multi-effects do have their plus points but it is more about not needing an amplifier, as most multi-effects pedals can go direct into a sound system, instead of needing an amplifier. Also, you can save your presets so you don't have to keep adjusting your E.Q. They can be a very great tool if you like the tone they provide. For me, they just don't cut it, at least for now. :cool:

Back