dear all bassist !!

i guess it depends on the genre you want to play and its difficulty. it took me about 2 mths to jam some rock and pop

How long do you guys need to learn as beginners before going out for your first jams?

John wanted to learn bass and his dad send him for lessons.
First wk John came home and his dad ask him what did he learn. John said I learn the E string. Dad said very good.

2nd wk John came back home from lesson quite early and his dad ask him the same qns. John said I learn the A string. Dad said well done.

On the third wk, John was home very very late. His dad was worried and ask, what happen? Was the bass lessons very tough this wk? What did you learn?

John said, oh... I was having a gig.

Just a joke. Relaz :) (Although there is some truth in it)

Cheers

John wanted to learn bass and his dad send him for lessons.
First wk John came home and his dad ask him what did he learn. John said I learn the E string. Dad said very good.

2nd wk John came back home from lesson quite early and his dad ask him the same qns. John said I learn the A string. Dad said well done.

On the third wk, John was home very very late. His dad was worried and ask, what happen? Was the bass lessons very tough this wk? What did you learn?

John said, oh... I was having a gig.

Just a joke. Relaz :) (Although there is some truth in it)

Cheers

haha this is a good one. bass guitar is an easy instrument to pick up and self-learn, but difficult to master properly. you need a lot of self-discipline and proper guidance, if not you will end up learning and internalizing all the wrong techniques, like i did.

don't worry about the 1st gig, it will come. and the longer you wait for the 1st gig, the better it will be when it comes :D

Back