Cubase 6 announced!

Cheez

Protools 9... Sonar X1... now Cubase 6 (released Winter NAMM 2011 - just).

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/cubase6_start.html

OK Cubase users, your turn!

I really like the editing functions. VST expressions is really interesting. Tempo detection etc. All looks like real improvement to quick editing of audio and midi. I still have some problems with VST3 - not everybody is on board with it.... except Steinberg of course.

New guitar amp simulation - I'm sure Cubase users are thrilled... as long as they don't already have Guitar Rig or Amplitube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not part of Cubase 6, but also new (to be released soon) - Rupert Neve Portico plugins! Let the contest begin - Steinberg RND Portico plugins and Sonar X1 Prochannel.

The difference: RND Portico is not bundled with Cubase 6 (the price will be "interesting" since Rupert Neve endorsed it). Also, although Steinberg made it both VST 3 and 2 compatible (suggesting that other DAW platforms can also buy and use it), it still relies on the Steinberg specific dongle, which will be a huge deterrent (except for Cubase users, of course). A marketing technique to get people switch platform? Sorry...iLok is enough for me.

Back