Cover band auditions - Lead guitar, bass, male vocal, drums

mrcheesewiz

Hi all,

I am putting together a new semi pro English speaking cover band for bar/club gigs and weddings.

Personality and Commitment level - Easy going but hard working adults or students able to commit to 1-2 studio practices a week and gigs once or twice a month. It is expected that you will likely have a day job which comes first which is totally understandable. This initiative is, at the end of day, just for fun.

Genre - Everything on the Mobile DJ Top 200 most requested list. In other words, everything you would expect to hear from a cover band at the Hard Rock Cafe, Timbre, Wala Wala cafe or a wedding etc. i.e. Classic Rock, Pop, Alternative, R&B and Top 40s

Experience level - It goes without saying that the band members can play by ear true to record without looking at sheet music. Looking for:

(1) Guitarist - can play lead, rhythm and acoustic with own multi effects floor pedal etc, able to solo
(2) Male Lead Vocalist - can sing all genres, must be able to harmonize, ability to rap a plus
(3) Drummer - must have own kit and can play all genres and really hold the band together rhythm wise
(4) Bass - can play complicated bass lines include funk and be constant sync with drummer

Already have:

(5) Keyboard player - can play samples, synth, lead true to record, able to solo
(6) Female lead vocalist - powerhouse vocals, can harmonize

Audition songs

- Living on a prayer - Bon Jovi - Classic Rock
- Moves like jagger - Maroon 5 - Pop
- Weak - SWV - R&B
- Blank Space - Taylor Swift - Top 40s
- Everything you want - Vertical Horizon - Alternative

One song of your choice - which the rest of the band will learn.

If you are a decent musician and always wanted to be a part of a band but didn't know where to start, this might be for you. If interested, please send me a PM with a link to your music (if available).

Cheers,

Auditions will be held on Saturday November 28th. There will be some slight tweaks to audition songs depending on the preference of the lead vocalists.

We have had lots of expressions of interest but in particular we are still looking for an appropriate male lead vocalist (who can also harmonize) alongside our female lead vocalist. Please get in contact if interested.

Hi.... I'm keen if given an opportunity for an audition. Elderly experienced bassist with versability able to sing and do backing up vocal. I can forward you video of me jamming with a band in hard rock cafe thru whatsapp. 91233722 Joe Chan. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks for all the responses. We are at full capacity for the first audition instruments wise. Will update if we need to have another audition. However, if you are decent male vocalist and would like to get involved, we can probably still fit you in for the first audition.

Last edited:
Back