compressors/limiters

input_output

its high time i got one for my recordings... can anyone recommend me one? which to get which to avoid....

Attachments

• airbnb_concert.jpg
    airbnb_concert.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 366
For the best compressor under USD1000, definately get the FMRAudio RNC (USD 180).

its quite hard to find in this region, but try asking friends who frequent the States to get it for ya... believe, the trouble is worth it!
icon_smile.gif

I got mine used from a guy in KL.

For more info, goto www.fmraudio.com

Of course those Behringer compressors are having quite a good reputation and dirt cheap.

Stay away from Alesis and phonics.. and whatever else!
icon_smile.gif

Attachments

• baybeats_2018.jpg
    baybeats_2018.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 418
well since i dun have any access to the states or kl.... might juz be gettin one of the behringer stuffs.... seems like buying online is kinda cheaper also

thanx for the input

Attachments

• SGSW2019.jpg
    SGSW2019.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 616
I dun hv the chance to compare RNC with other good compressors, but I guess one of the key feature about RNC is its really transparent (a big feature for high end compressors).

It has a "Really Nice Mode" that is superb for vocals.
icon_smile.gif

Personally, I think its the best compressor our Asian money can buy.
icon_wink.gif

For software, Waves C1 compressor plugin is highly respected. I am using that too, and like it a lot.
icon_smile.gif

Yep! Waves C1 is a good one. Though the VST dynamics seems pretty good though. But still software compressors seems to lag a warm tone that i feel analog compressors give. Am using a Presonus ACP-22, can´t seem to figure out if it´s a FET or what. I think valve compressors are the best.

Back