Coldplay live in Singapore Mar 23rd 2009

Freaking amazing concert. They should put this out on DVD or something. I missed Coldplay in 2001 as well as 2006, but this made up for it. Their showmanship and audience interaction is just the best. The Hardest Part and The Scientist moved me to tears. Just when you think Chris Martin's voice is turning hoarse, he surprises you with an endearing performance on the piano. *sigh* And the streamers and lighting and balloons!!! I felt like a kid again! I bet everyone went green with envy when the band decided to move to the balcony, haha. I was secretly hoping they'd come to the balcony I was seated, but alas. It was just the sweetest thing when he started joking about how they picked him to be a lead singer and asked his friend to sing (and what a voice that guy had! wow!) and later sang a cover of "I'm A Believer." And at the end when they'd left and everyone started singing "ohhh ohhh ohhh..." and they came back and sang The Scientist...I nearly died. *lol* Best concert I've seen, hands down. I was never a HUGE fan of Coldplay, but I am now. They've even managed to surpass my top band performances - Incubus and Lifehouse. I know some say Coldplay are overrated and all that crap, but I believe they truly deserve all the recognition. They are that good. Can't wait to see them again. The next time they come, I'll make sure I get front row seats!

best part was at the start when they setting up and they playing blue danube waltz then at the end of the last chord, coldplay intro-ed with technicolor. omg.... .................... crowd went CRAZY!

all my years of viewing coldplay's concert on youtube waiting for this concert to come to sg. omfg best concert ever

Last edited:
the haunting outro guitar riffs of Death and All His Friends that filled the stadium is truly astounding.

i read about the poor reviews for their '06 gig, but this gig is truly amazing.

Hands down, this was one of the BEST concert I have ever been to. Everything from the props, videography, sound, song selection, showmanship - EVERYTHING - was perfect.

agreed, agreed, agreed with all. i caught their very first concert in '01 (it was also my first big scale gig), and seeing them again 8 years later kinda makes things come full circle. it was just pure wonder, through and through.

and when they came to our side of the stage and Chris started bantering and the band played 'I'm A Believer', WOW. so close yet so far! amazing set, so good to hear many of the songs the audience loves (we had such a great collective singing voice!), but Politik really, really blew me away.

my friends and i have tagged it the most epic night of our (concert) lives thus far.

(and how about that mexican phone wave! haha wasn't it just gorgeous)

spectacular

9 years back, i remembered myself listening to their album 'Parachutes' day-in and day-out on my Discman. Even got their autobiography and read them countless of times.

And now to see them live after 2 missed chance is truely, truely amazing.

I hate to say this, but i think its the best gig ive ever been to so far.

It's been 5 days since the concert, and the strains of Violet Hill and Life in Technicolour II are still echoing in my mind, not to mention all the wonderful songs in between. Like most of you guys, I didn't catch their first two gigs here, which is strange for me because I've been their fan since 2001 when they released their Parachutes album. Don't Panic, Trouble and Shiver are among my favourite tracks...a pity they didn't manage to play them this time around.

But still, it was a concert worthy of a million praises. A lot of things occurred to me while the concert was in progress:

1) Chris Martin is an EXCELLENT singer, often criticised before but holds his own. His showmanship is top-notch!

2) Each and every member of the band is multi-talented!

3) Their songs are not just songs, but works of art.

4) The pyrotechnics, slides, confetti, etc...really adds to the electrifying atmosphere.

5) It was a Monday night and I didn't care that I had to work the next day!

I've been to Metallica, Pearl Jam, Eric Clapton (twice), Steve Vai, G3 (though it was abandoned one a half song into Satriani's set. Those who attended it in KL in 2000 would know what I'm talking about) but this concert IS THE BEST! Hell, I'm already fan and it sent me to dizzying heights. My wife who was just a casual listener before this has taken the oath of allegiance to Coldplay. Well done guys!

Back