Classical/Pop Piano teacher for hire!

reeves

Hi everyone! I'm providing classical and pop piano lesson. A little info about myself,

Name: Reeves Wong

- Classically Trained in Piano(ABRSM GRADE 8)
- Composed and played in Local TV Drama “Ma Po Tou FU”
- Ex Keyboardist of Local Chinese indie bands(X-Clef/Elyzia)
- Performed at various places such as Homeclub, Club Dolls,YMS, L Cube, Ai Qing Hai Music Café, SGCC Country Club etc.
- Played Self Composed Original “Xiang Ni” During NS days and won Second Place in the competition “Recruit got talent”
- Performed in various Wedding gigs.
- Am teaching in a music school currently
- Experience in teaching students from 3-45

Currently, all my students who have went for examination attained as least a pass and above for both practical and theory.

My teaching focuses a lot on technique, sight reading, listening ear, musicianship, rhythm and theory. I have a fun and comprehensive method to cover the above mentioned every lesson. The aim is to train my students into a all rounded pianist, not just someone who plays three songs and goes for examination. Lesson will be carried out using fun methods therefore students of all ages would enjoy my lesson. Most importantly, i am very patient and am willing to help students outside lesson hours. For pop piano students, improvisation will be taught as well.

My rates are as follows,

Beginner to grade 1 $120 per month, 45 mins per session.
(An $20 increment would be applicable to every grade promotion.)

Lesson will be carried out in my own private home studio.

I do travel as well, an additional $30-$50 per month would be applicable.(Subjected to locations.)

For more enquires, please feel free to text/call me at 96910540. Alternatively, you may contact me at x-clef_reeves@live.com. I'll be more than happy to assist. =)

Regards,
Reeves Wong.

New rates available! 30 mins for $100. (Lesson at my home studio only)

Contact me @ 96910540.

Thanks!

Hey everyone, just an update.

My fees are now on a flat rate of $150.

Due to my packed scheduled I regret to inform that I can only teach at home as of now. My home studio is at woodlands street 82.

Thanks! :)

Received some enquires about traveling. Im sorry, due to my packed schedule, i can only teach @ my home studio in woodlands. Thanks!

Strongly recommended this guy's lesson. Very patience and has a strong passion to teach and help his student.

Just for you references, here are some of the testimonials from my students.

"Reeves is a very patient teacher and also very willing to go beyond the syllabus to help me understand musical concepts. I have definitely progressed from a score reader to one who can improvise."
- Pei Ying

"Reeves has been my piano teacher for the past two months and I'm very glad to have him teaching me :) I had to rehearse an original song for a performance once and he gave me valuable tips on how to intensify the mood of the song, on different ways to end a song, and so on. As he's played in bands before - and furthermore can also play the guitar! - he could also give me useful advice on how to coordinate with my guitarist. I admire his passion and drive in music and look forward to learning more from him!"
- Stacy

"Been learning pop piano from Reeves for 3 months and I've enjoyed the lessons so far. He's able to tailor lesson according to my different music background and willing to show his knowledge out of the book. Needless to say, he's patient and very approachable. He's good in what he does!"
- Joanna Lim

"What struck me when I first met Reeves, was how quicky he could adapt to the individual needs of his students. His resourcefulness coupled with his ability to improvise made each lesson fresh and engaging. Needless to say, not only did I progress very quickly under him, but also enjoyed myself! A gifted teacher no doubt."
- Weijian

"Fret not if you are a complete beginner or only have a little music background like me, reeves will customize his lessons based on your learning pace and preference but not compromising the music essentials."
- Charlynn Loo

"Reeves is a teacher who allows each of his students to learn the piano in the most suitable and enjoyable way possible. He's also very patient in guiding his students, which is invaluable in inculcating a strong piano-playing foundation in his students. Also, with his strong interpersonal skills, Reeves is able to build up a strong teacher-student bond very easily. All in all, an excellent piano teacher! :D"
- Priscilla Lee

"Reeves is a very patient piano teacher. He explains various piano techniques clearly - in an easily understood manner. His friendly personality made it really easy for me to ask him questions when I am confused or curious. He encourages students to practice and try different techniques, even when it is not exactly as he dictates. By doing so, I feel that I learn so much more since I am guided to learn and be creative rather than rote learning. Learning how to play the piano under his tutelage is fun and I would definitely recommend him to my friends if they want to learn piano too"
- Mable Koh

"Playing piano has been my childhood dream! You break down the music into parts so that it is easy for me to absorb. You are always so encouraging, patient and approachable. I enjoyed your class!"
- Laiyong Lee

"Although I am a complete beginner in piano, Reeves's patience and knowledge experience has boosted my confidence while playing piano. Time spent learning with him is fun and enjoyable and each lesson is something to look forward to."
- Karen Ng

"Reeves is a very good and knowledgeable pianist and keyboard player. He is a very stable musician to work with and is always well prepared for sessions."
- Welyon Sutjipto

"I started my piano lesson at a music school but because of frequent change in teachers, i got very tired as I have to keep re-adjusting myself to the way each piano teacher's teaching method. The new teacher also had to take some time to know where my last teacher left off and what kind of guiding i needed.
That's when i met Reeves, he was a relief teacher for my make up lesson. My first impression was that he have a cheerful and outgoing personality. He was very patient in guiding me. Furthermore, he always give short encouragement throughout the lesson to let me know whether i am doing well or not. I find that very reassuring. Due to his patience and encouragement, I find that i was able to calm down and take my time to keep playing a certain part until i get it right during the lesson, without feeling very frustratred or embarassed that i couldn't do it well after so many tries. Unlike some of my previous teachers, I could sense the feeling of impatience from them because of their body language so I would get very flustered and that doesn't help because I didn't enjoy the lesson.
When Reeves is teaching the lesson, he will look at my weak points and provide practices that I could do so that I could improve them. He doesn't simply let it be, just because I don't like the practice. He will be persistent in getting back to those practices in class so that I will do it in my own practice time.
It's always the initial part that is the hardest, once you are able to break through that barrier and get the momentum, you'll be able to do it better with good effort. So I am thankful to his persistence in getting me to do the practices I don't like so that I progress and overcome my weakness."
- Aw Man Hua

Will post all the testimonial on my website,( soon to be complete and will update everyone.) thanks !

Just an update, my website is currently down for upgrading!

Do check out my facebook page or feel free to contact me for more info! thanks! =)

Name: Reeves Wong

- Ex Keyboardist of Local Chinese indie bands(X-Clef/Elyzia)
- Performed at various places such as Homeclub, Club Dolls,YMS, L Cube, Ai Qing Hai Music Café, SGCC Country Club etc.
- Played Self Composed Original “Xiang Ni” During NS days and won Second Place in the competition “Recruit got talent”
- Performed in various Wedding gigs.
- Am teaching in a music school currently
- Was the pianist for RWS's audition for new performers.
- Experience in teaching students from 3-45
- Performing at Marriott Hotel on a weekly basis.

My rates are as follow,

Lesson For 1 Hour, 4 Lessons a month - $200

(Fees doesn't change even when there is a upgrade in level.) =)

Reason for fixing the rate is because i ever had students who could not move on because of the increment. And it would be unfair to have different rates for students who could afford it. Therefore i have set it at this rate to be fair for everyone. =)

For more info, please feel free to whatsapp/sms/call me @ 96910540

Alternatively you may contact me at reeveswong@hotmail.sg

You may also choose to check out my website at www.reeveswong.com

Contemporary piano lessons

Contemporary, is a big genre and comprises of many genres. To some people, music is simply "pop and classical". Alot of students, when i first got into a discussion with them would have the idea that other than classical, all the other genres are "pop". But little that they know there are many other genres of music around. Blues, Bossa Nova, Rock, Ballads etc. Other than Classical, I have spend my life researching and learning other genres of music to make myself and more all rounded pianist. And also, the ability to be a more complete teachers for my students, hoping that i could pass my knowledge on and spread the idea of "fun music playing". Some music teachers, unfortunately teaches pop in a "classical way" which is, to read off straight from the score. This is TOTALLY not the way pop pianist play and often leads to the death of interest of pop music students. My way of teaching pop includes, improvisation, technique, ear-training, pop music theory, sight-reading(optional in this genre), song writing, rhythm training, different genres.

I do understand that a lot of times, we do have last minute commitments such as meeting, work, school etc. Therefore I do allow my students to cancel lessons even at last minute notice. Lesson cancelled will be converted into a make up credit for my students, we will then discuss on which day and time to have the next lesson.

Jacqueline Tan

Reeves had been a helpful and patient teacher. He explores the strength and weaknesses of his student and tried to make every lessons enjoyable. Being flexible with his time and that made a student like me which needs to work and is still pursuing my studies being able to enjoy the luxury of having lessons at my own pace. Other then piano lessons, Reeves helped me with song writing previously too. Having piano since the age of 4, i had never met any teacher that can make his lessons fun and less brain draining, so thank you Reeves for letting me know that piano is not that dry and hard to cope with. Overall, he is a great teacher and will always try his best to help his students within his means.

Aaron Leong

Very often u hear pple saying, learning is a life long journey and it never ends. The truth is as you grow older the acceptance rate starts to decrease. For me learning a new skill now as a adult seems more difficult then a kid. The day I have made my decision and decided to give him a call, I knew the decision was a right one. For the past months, every lesson was enjoyable. It's no longer about just learning to play the keyboard or the music. During each lesson I have learned about exploring my passion, sharing life experiences, receiving words of encouragement and many more. Just want to say: Thank you ReeVes Wong, for been a teacher, a friend, a brother, someone that provides multiple positions in my life. Your lessons are truly unique, enjoyable and practical.Aaron

Brenda Tan

My 9-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son have been learning to play the piano under ReeVes Wong, and I've seen my kids excelling in the instrument. My daughter in particular, has made leaps in progress in her sight-reading and is competent enough to learn a new piece by playing the chords and melody confidently by herself, with Reeves helping her out with the rhythms and nuances so that her playing is more polished. She's feeling very motivated by her success at playing the piano, and this is in part due to Reeves' coaching. It has got to a point where I do not often need to remind her to practise her music, because she's able to play more complex pieces on her own. Reeves is an exceptional teacher, and his feedback to me about the children's lessons are detailed and his professionalism in music shines through. Unlike music teachers who solely teach the instrument, Reeves' musicianship from his regular live performances is an added benefit for his teaching, as he also teaches from his stage experience.

Sabrina Ong

I have just started piano lessons two months ago and it's through a friend who recommended him to me. Reeve is a patient teacher who is flexible with his timings. This helps a lot as I am studying and working at the same time. He makes learning easy and fun. He caters to what you are interested in learning and makes sure you understands what you are learning rather than just memorizing. I will definitely recommend him to others!

Jolene Ho

Have you ever wanted to improvise a song and yet not knowing how? Check this out @ Pianist Reeves Studio! To me, I've been learning piano from Reeves for more than 3years already and I'm learning still.
Reeves has been an exceptionally great teacher you could ever find out there. His love of teaching just flows out within him naturally. He has taught me from the very basic and patiently groomed my skills till what I am now, improvising every songs that comes to my ears. You wouldn't believe me till you've tried it. There are numerous ways of improvising a song and you'll be amazed to ever master one on your own.
Reeves is also wise to make his lesson enriching and enjoyable. Times when I stumbled with my clumsiness, he is my encourager to keep me moving on.
My odd working hours may seems hard for any external interest, but it is not so to have piano lesson by reeves. He is so flexible in his schedule and often make room to accommodate to my learning needs. That's what I'm looking for and if anyone of you out there wishes to master a piano skill as well, he is someone you should look for.

Zhen Jie
I met ReeVes Wong a few years back when we were friend working part time together. About a year ago, I was looking for a piano teacher to teach me how to play the piano. I soon realized that Reeves had become a piano teacher and immediately contacted him to teach me how to play the piano. Reeves is a patient and a dedicated teacher. He taught me the basic of music theory and corrects my playing techniques whenever I make a mistake when I am playing the piano. As a working adult, I sometime have to make changes to the lesson schedule. Reeves is pretty flexible when it comes to such matter. As a result, I have to progressed from a complete beginner in music to someone who is able play some of his favorite songs on the piano. I really enjoyed learning how to play the piano from Reeves and hope to become an accomplished pianist one day. I highly recommend Reeves as a piano teacher whether you are a complete beginner in music or someone who wants to rediscover your love for piano again!

Celine Tan

Hi Reeves, testimonial for you.

Reeves has been my 8 years old girl's piano teacher for almost one year. He understands my girl's temperament and is able to use teaching approaches that suit my girl. I can see my girl's interest in the songs he selected and she is willing to practise on her own.carousel
I am very thankful to have Reeves as my girl's piano teacher. He is friendly and patient with children. His passion in music has a positive influence in my girl's piano learning. My girl enjoyed his lessons and is progressing very well.

Sharmaine Choo

Hi Reeves, testimonial for you
Reeves had been my 10-year old girl's piano teacher for more than 2 years now. An unconventional & innovative teacher with a true love for music. My girl gets inspired from watching Reeves' 'live' piano performance, he teaches with his heart & builds very good rapport with my girl, which is especially important when trying to impart his music knowledge & playing technique to a young child, who's easily distracted. His patience & warm, friendly & approachable demeanor work well with children. My girl progresses well under Reeves' kind guidance & good teaching & looks forward to his lesson every week. Something very special & noteworthy about Reeves: he loves music, he loves teaching music & he tries his very best to inculcate that true love in music in his students ️

With much thanks,
Sharmaine Choo

My name is Reeves Wong and I am a full time Pianist/Keyboardist and Piano Instructor.soft
I used to be like a lot of the piano students out there. Practicing and playing the piano for the sake of a cert. Never even once knowing or understanding what I was playing and why I was playing it in that way.
Deep in my heart, I have passion for contemporary music. If you do not understand what does it means, it basically means everything else other than Classical. After I completed my training with my previous teacher, I went on to teach classical music at a music school. Basically the same old cycle of 3 songs a year for the sake of passing the examination.
I didn't like it. In fact, I was sad when some of my students didn't want to come to my class. There was this once time when I have this student who was constantly asking me to teach her a song by Jay Chou and I had to reject her because her exam was coming in two weeks time. She eventually quit after the examination.soft
I decided that I HAVE to do something about it. And therefore, I decided to do deep research on how music works, studied contemporary theory extensively and spent many many hours on the piano.
I now have taught over a hundreds of students and I'm enjoying my work everyday. Teaching and performing has become so much fun! I have huge confidence that my teaching method would help you.

- Performed at Homeclub, Club Dolls,YMS, L Cube, Ai Qing Hai Music Café, SGCC Country Club etc.
- Preformed in numerous wedding events.
- Former Yamaha Teacher.soft
- Pianist for RWS's audition for new performers.
- Resident pianist at Singapore Marriott Hotel.

My rates are as follow,
For 45 Minutes, 4 Lessons a month - $150
For 1 Hour, 4 Lessons a month - $200
(Fees doesn't change even when there is a upgrade in level.) (Lesson materials are all provided, no extra cost incur.)

Reason for fixing the rate is because i ever had students who could not move on because of the increment. And it would be unfair to have different rates for students who could afford it. Therefore i have set it at this rate to be fair for everyone.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/studioreeves/

Hello everyone!

I'm offering pop/improvisation piano lessons!

The link below is a performance by my student so that you could have a better idea of what my lessons can do for you!

youtu.be/vI84FVdWhug

For more information, please do check out,

Facebook : facebook.com/studioreeves

Thank you! :)

Hello everyone, my name is Reeves Wong and I'm offering Pop/Improvisation Piano Lessons!

- Performed at Homeclub, Club Dolls,YMS, L Cube, Ai Qing Hai Music Café, SGCC Country Club etc.
- Preformed in numerous wedding events.
- Former Yamaha Teacher.soft
- Pianist for RWS's audition for new performers.
- Resident pianist at Singapore Marriott Hotel.

My rates are as follow,
(Fees doesn't change even when there is a upgrade in level.) (Lesson materials are all provided, no extra cost incur.)

Reason for fixing the rate is because i ever had students who could not move on because of the increment. And it would be unfair to have different rates for students who could afford it. Therefore i have set it at this rate to be fair for everyone.

Some youtube links for your information!

Student's Cover

1. Charmain Lee - 爱笑的眼睛 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI84FVdWhug
2. Nicole Kow - 小幸运 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5JUovaynEs

My humble Cover

1. Reeves Wong - Jay Chou's一路向北 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuD3r6FB4WQ
2. Reeves Wong - Jay Chou's 枫https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bov6To7Dbk

More videos will be uploaded in the coming weeks! Please subscribe if it's not too troublesome!

For more information, please visit or contact,

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/studioreeves/

Thank You! =)

Looking for an improvisation/pop piano teacher or a pianist for your wedding/events? Look no further!

My name is Reeves Wong and I am a full-time piano teacher and wedding pianist.

Some of my teaching/performing experiences include:

- Resident pianist at Singapore Marriott Hotel
- Former teacher at Yamaha Music School
- Pianist for Global Insurance Forum at Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
- Pianist for NUS Duke (Medical Graduate Singapore)
- Keyboardist for "Jalan Kayu Day"
- Performed at numerous weddings and events
- Pianist for new performers' auditions at Resorts World Sentosa

If you'd like to find out more, feel free to contact me and I'll get back to you soon!

Site : http://www.reeveswong.com/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/studioreeves
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/studioreeves
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/studio_reeves/

Email : reeveswong@hotmail.sg

My rates are as follow,

Some youtube links for your information!

Student's Cover

1. Charmain Lee - 爱笑的眼睛 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI84FVdWhug
2. Nicole Kow - 小幸运 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5JUovaynEs

My humble Cover

1. Reeves Wong - Jay Chou's一路向北 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuD3r6FB4WQ
2. Reeves Wong - Jay Chou's 枫 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bov6To7Dbk
3. Reeves Wong - Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson - Beauty And The Beast - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYoFI_7RbuM
4. Reeves Wong - Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPDBPbeiOQI
5. Reeves Wong - Elton John - Can You Feel The Love Tonight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBKpNCT_exQ

More videos will be uploaded in the coming weeks! Please subscribe if it's not too troublesome!
Thank You! =)

Back