"Christian" Musicians

theliverevolution

Well, I figured that this would be a better place to type this.

I'm looking for other musicians to collaborate, and hopefully form a band with. It's been a passion of mine for the most part of five years. Been joining and dropping out of bands for the past five years, and still not giving up.

Thing is, right now, I'm looking for other Christians to collaborate with. Being inspired by bands such as Anberlin, Fireflight, and to a certain extent Paramore and Flyleaf, I'm looking for a "Christian" band.

Hmm, maybe "Christian" band isn't the best way to describe it either.

Some may say that I'm picky, some might say that I am fussy. Fair enough, each is entitled to their own opinions of a person

Honestly? I think this is what God wants me to do.
In Matthew 5:13-16, Jesus says:
Quote:
"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.

You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;

nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."
I guess this is the way that I can be the light and salt of the earth. God has given me this talent to make, create, and play music. For five years, I've been using that gift to write songs and play for the masses to hear.
So, why not use that gift to honour God and let more people know more about him?

Take for an example a few "Christian" bands - Anberlin, Paramore. Yes, they're Christians as humans. Occasionally, their lyrics reflect their faith. There's something about them as Christian performers that not only continue to inspire musicians to actually play on stage, but it does have the effect of getting others to know more about Christ as well.

So, given my own musical abilities, why not I do the same? In fact, why has God placed this desire in my heart, but I've failed to act upon it?

So, I'm asking all of you who read this ad to do me two favours:
1) If you're interested in joining a serious band, join me
2) If you're not interested, but may know people who are, let them know about this and ask them to contact me.

My email is theliverevolution@gmail.com (duh!) so hit me with your emails. I'll explain more in depth in the email because I'm kinda rushing off for work.

Thanks, Cheers, and God Bless.
TLR

Back