Checking on the authenticity of this Fender Strat

neuro182

Hey guys,

I refer to http://soft.com.sg/forum/guitar-buy-sell/169081-wts-mij-fender-stratocaster.html

The headstock logo and the word Stratocaster differs from this... Please advise...

st1401.jpg

Authentic fender, just fugly. (ST-54,50) fit in no category of any reissues, though the japanese fenders were never meant to be reissues anyway.

fenders are real easy to replicate. Just some waterslide decals and laquer over and its good to go. another way to check for authenticity is to check the neck pocket and cavity for stamps of the model. But then again, which seller would let you take the guitar apart to check right? hehehe

I thought most of the 54's have the vintage spaghetti fonts on the headstock...

:D

alot of effort done man. seriously I don't think it is a reissue due to the logo but what I'm sure of is that the guitar is something like a standard series.

Neuro - bro from the pix U posted - thats the actual 54 style gold spagetti decal ... The one the other posted looks more like the post CBS transitional srtats

as of authencicity - as mentioned by forumites here - easy to replicate a copy strat with correct deals & application .. .. just need licensed all parts or WD neck & the decals and - wahlah! Fender ...

yeah the neck pocket & neck heel usually have some kinds QC stamp but since I havent bought any new fender for quite some time now - hard to say ....

Fender golden logos

I don't agree totally to what had been said about Strat copies with the use of logos which are identical to original Fender ones.
When the guitar that may have been copied has GOLDEN spaghetti Fender logo, AND the inner golden part of the logo is really a golden color, then it is REALLY HARD to imitate.
Most of the logos decals that people make CAN NOT imitate GOLD, and there is NO gold cartridge for printer or whatsoever.
The only way to have any decal including GOLDEN designs is to make a golden transfer on a pre-printed decal paper to complete the decal with the golden designs ... AND THAT IS ONLY A JOB AVAILABLE TO BIG PRINTING COMPANIES WHICH USE PRECISION DECAL PRINTERS WHICH INCLUDE COMPLEMENT COLOUR TRANSFER TECHNOLOGY (like gold, silver, or any other metal colors which don't exist for printer cartridges) ...
That is also the reason why you should NEVER BUY A LOGO :
If it's a simple logo without metallic colors, than, you can do it yourself with decal paper, a printer, and lacker spay.
If it's a logo with gold or silver, the result is that you will buy an EXPENSIVE PIECE OF SHIT that tries to imitate gold or silver with standard printer colors, and that you definitely can't use on a guitar if you don't want to look like a f***ing joker.
Every once in a while, some guy succeed in getting a printing company to reproduce Fender golden or silver logos ... BUT IT IS VERY VERY RARE, and it's impossible to check via an on-line shopping web-site.

I don't agree totally to what had been said about Strat copies with the use of logos which are identical to original Fender ones.
When the guitar that may have been copied has GOLDEN spaghetti Fender logo, AND the inner golden part of the logo is really a golden color, then it is REALLY HARD to imitate.
Most of the logos decals that people make CAN NOT imitate GOLD, and there is NO gold cartridge for printer or whatsoever.
The only way to have any decal including GOLDEN designs is to make a golden transfer on a pre-printed decal paper to complete the decal with the golden designs ... AND THAT IS ONLY A JOB AVAILABLE TO BIG PRINTING COMPANIES WHICH USE PRECISION DECAL PRINTERS WHICH INCLUDE COMPLEMENT COLOUR TRANSFER TECHNOLOGY (like gold, silver, or any other metal colors which don't exist for printer cartridges) ...
If it's a simple logo without metallic colors, than, you can do it yourself with decal paper, a printer, and lacker spay.
If it's a logo with gold or silver, the result is that you will buy an EXPENSIVE PIECE OF SHIT that tries to imitate gold or silver with standard printer colors, and that you definitely can't use on a guitar if you don't want to look like a f***ing joker.
Every once in a while, some guy succeed in getting a printing company to reproduce Fender golden or silver logos ... BUT IT IS VERY VERY RARE, and it's impossible to check via an on-line shopping web-site.

Okay... You just revived a, what, 10 month old thread, when the issue has been resolved.

For goodness sake....it's just a decal, not life and death issue!

Home cooking !!!

There is also an issue about applying a Decal on a headstock the way people usually do :
making a nice rounded cut around the Decal design, then applying the Decal on the surface of the headstock ...
If you don't put an awful amount of lacquer that you finally sand down to flat when it becomes thick enough to do so, then you get a result where the cut around the Decal remains APPARENT (which isn't the case for a great majority of Decals applied in the modern Musical Instruments Industry).
Thing is that industrial Decal films are usually of a better quality which is also way thinner than the Decal films available for regular customers ...
Also, Modern Industrial Decals are not applied the same way as people would do it at home :
1st, and in a great majority of industrial manufacturing configurations, the film surface in use mostly covers the entire surface of the object where the Decal is applied to ( or a large part of the surface ).
2nd, whenever the Decal film in use is smaller than the object where it is applied to, in order to get a smooth result ( a result where the cuts around the Decal isn't apparent ), the cuts around the Decal have STRAIGHT EDGES, and the edges are sanded "flat down" after a couple of layers of lacquer.

P.S. : @ guitarsanhttp://www.soft.com.sg/forum/members/guitarsan.html & Jumpin'Jellybean
We're in a free World ... I do WHAT I WANT (isn't that cool), I can even report the "weather in North Korea" on this forum thread if I want to, or write a poem backwards and in Spanish ... (that's another way to say * * !)

P.S. : @ guitarsanhttp://www.soft.com.sg/forum/members/guitarsan.html & Jumpin'Jellybean
We're in a free World ... I do WHAT I WANT (isn't that cool), I can even report the "weather in North Korea" on this forum thread if I want to, or write a poem backwards and in Spanish ... (that's another way to say * * !)

Alright man, whatever floats your boat.
Agreed, it's a free world, No need to get so worked up over a comment that implied you trawled through numerous pages to give your opinion on a subject that's already been resolved. :p

Back