Checking in of 2 guitar hardcases at airport

Ripper

Yo everybodies!

I am gonna bring back 2 axe from states this december. For those who have experience checking-in baggages, guitar hardcase to be exact, will I be able to check in TWO?

Thanks guyz for any help here!

nitrovo said:
should be np. get it put with the fragile special care stuff.

yo nit,

kinda share more on your experience? cos if its really alright, a deal will be made later! :wink:

thankx dude.

i brought back 2 axes as well. they charged me abt SGD$100 for excess baggage. Overloaded by 20kgs.

Rem in US airports to keep your checkin baggage unlocked. Cos the customs will break open the lock if you fail to do so.

Re: ..

rottenramone said:
i brought back 2 axes as well. they charged me abt SGD$100 for excess baggage. Overloaded by 20kgs.

Rem in US airports to keep your checkin baggage unlocked. Cos the customs will break open the lock if you fail to do so.

hey ramone, thanks for the info. good info indeed. if I am not going to bring an extra luggage with me, only checking in the hardcase, I think the 2 hardcase with guitars inside should not exceed the normal weight limit of 32kg right? what do you think?

Well, unless you intend to bring this back...

172831114_5ce483ff39_m.jpg

:lol:

I usually carry my softcase guitar with cabin luggage and put it in the overheard locker. I've put it thruogh with fragile things once. I dont think they charged me any extra. It happened when I moved to SG and i had to pay a $900AUD fee becuase I went over the weight limit hahaha. Should be alright. Best thing to do is call the airport i think.

sure is ok bro. coz my epi explorer hardcase is a HUGE rectangle box..they checked it in seperately ,with all the other odd sized baggage..so yours should be no problem

make sure u ask them to put fragile stickers on them, i've seen how those fags handle the baggage

Ripper said:
hey ramone, thanks for the info. good info indeed. if I am not going to bring an extra luggage with me, only checking in the hardcase, I think the 2 hardcase with guitars inside should not exceed the normal weight limit of 32kg right? what do you think?

what abt yr normal luggage? how much do they weigh? there are some rules with the US Transport Dept... http://www.faa.gov/passengers/prepare_fly/

u shd chk with your airline and ask if u cld bring it aboard the plane with u. maybe stow it in at the coat hanger area.

also make sure your guitar is well padded too. hardcases can offer only so much protection

tany said:
$900AUD! :O isnt that not worth it?

My allowance was 30kg. The scales i used were crappy and gave me the wrong measurement so whn I got there, all the stuff i brought to sg was about 85kg.

the woman was nice, she made us only pay $250aud. so lucky.

rottenramone said:
what abt yr normal luggage? how much do they weigh? there are some rules with the US Transport Dept... http://www.faa.gov/passengers/prepare_fly/

u shd chk with your airline and ask if u cld bring it aboard the plane with u. maybe stow it in at the coat hanger area.

also make sure your guitar is well padded too. hardcases can offer only so much protection

Well my folks are coming back a week earlier than me, so I will ask them to either bring one guitar back first or bring my luggage back, leaving me with only a haversack that I can hand-carry into the cabin. I only hope the total weight of the 2 guitar dont exceed 32kg, which I think they shouldnt be anyway.

great idea there on the coat hanger area, ramone. heard those statesmen doing the same thing during their internal flight too. Thanks for the info dude.

nitrovo said:
My allowance was 30kg. The scales i used were crappy and gave me the wrong measurement so whn I got there, all the stuff i brought to sg was about 85kg.

the woman was nice, she made us only pay $250aud. so lucky.

Hard luck, nit. This is a lesson for me. I better estimate the weight of a guitar in a hardcase first, at home, before I proceed to check them in.

there is a weight AND size limit.

when i brought back my guitar w/ hardcase from the states, the box i stuffed it in just met the height requirement, which was something like 38 inches or whatever, forgot cos was a long time ago.
i put it in cargo, guitar hardcase stuffed with clothes for padding on the guitar, into another bigger box stuffed full of books and more clothes for extra padding.
that was how it was recommended if the guitar is going into cargo anyway.
total weight of the whole thing was about 20kg.

and wasnt there a new rule recently where passengers are only allowed to carry on two pieces of luggage?

Everdying said:
there is a weight AND size limit.

when i brought back my guitar w/ hardcase from the states, the box i stuffed it in just met the height requirement, which was something like 38 inches or whatever, forgot cos was a long time ago.
i put it in cargo, guitar hardcase stuffed with clothes for padding on the guitar, into another bigger box stuffed full of books and more clothes for extra padding.
that was how it was recommended if the guitar is going into cargo anyway.
total weight of the whole thing was about 20kg.

and wasnt there a new rule recently where passengers are only allowed to carry on two pieces of luggage?

Good protection advice there, Ever.

Back