Charlie Lim Signs Multi-rights Deal With Universal Music Singapore

soft

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Universal Music Singapore is pleased to announce multi-talented singer-songwriter/producer Charlie Lim as the newest artist to be signed to the label with a 360 degree deal that includes recording & publishing rights, live shows, endorsements, merchandise and co-management with his current team from House of Riot. This watershed deal marks the second for Universal Music Singapore, following 2015’s signing with Gentle Bones.

Charlie Lim is no stranger to the music scene, where he has already carved an admirable career of epic proportions. Since his self-titled debut EP in 2011, he has gone on to garner critical acclaim in both Singapore and abroad, with radio airplay across Asia-Pacific and widely lauded live shows – proven by his extensive touring achievements that include Singapore International Jazz Festival, Mosaic Music Festival, Clockenflap Festival (Hong Kong), Urbanscapes (Kuala Lumpur), Java Jazz Festival (Indonesia), and Jarasum Jazz Festival (Seoul). In addition, he has performed alongside international artists such as Kimbra, Sigur Rós and Snarky Puppy.

His 2015 double EP release, titled TIME / SPACE, saw Charlie Lim transcend boundaries of pop music, with TIME reflecting his singer-songwriter sensibilities and SPACE a manifestation of his DIY approach to experimental pop production. The album, which includes hit songs “Knots” and “Bitter”, clinched the #1 spot on the iTunes Singapore Chart within an hour of its release and was awarded Best Pop Album of 2015 by The Straits Times, and featured in iTunes’ Best of 2015. His songs have also received over a colossal 1.5 million plays on Spotify alone.

This year has also played witness to Charlie Lim’s success in music video production, with his music video for “I Only Tell the Truth” winning the Best Music Video at the Winter Film Awards in New York and ReelHeart Film Festival in Toronto.

“Charlie is an artist whose work is a testament to his musical talent and dedication to his craft. We believe he will continue to push the boundaries in the world of music today” – Kenny Ong (Managing Director, Universal Music Singapore and Malaysia)

Charlie Lim added: “I’m glad that Universal Music believes in what I have been doing so far, and I'm excited to see what this partnership will bring to the table. For me, it’s always been about putting the music first – I just want to keep producing good work for as long as I can and hope it will mean as much to whoever’s listening.”

Charlie Lim first major-label record is scheduled for mid-2017.

Last edited:
Back