Changing of pickup/humbucker service

DarknessFury

Any of you guys know which shop has this service even though you're not buying anything from them. Or any individual who can help me with this? I remember someone stating someone...but I forgot where I got that info...

beez G77, guitar connections. most guitar shops offer this service, but prepare to pay about 20-30 bucks

I presume you're changing your non-Fender guitar shown on your signature. fyi, I believe the pickguard is not a straight fit with Fender pickguards. You could try out some at GC (do a side by side comparision), but chances are, you're screwed if you want to find one that's 1:1.

Oh...all the pickguards sold there are Fender's? Man...

Any way to check if my pickguard might have a chance of being the same size as Fender's?

what guitar is your's ..looks from the bridge dat it could be: Squier affinity, Santa Fe, Samick or TGM.... most shops in Peninsula has the s/s/h pick guard but most varierty in terms of choice of colours at Dan Enterprise 4th floor...

BTW thats a 'FUNKY" bedspred you posed yr guitar on?...Yours...? :lol:

fgl said:
what guitar is your's ..looks from the bridge dat it could be: Squier affinity, Santa Fe, Samick or TGM.... most shops in Peninsula has the s/s/h pick guard but most varierty in terms of choice of colours at Dan Enterprise 4th floor...

BTW thats a 'FUNKY" bedspred you posed yr guitar on?...Yours...? :lol:

Mine's the SX...

Yea...cool bedsheet, huh? I've got a Doraemon one too! And one with rows of teddy bears...and a baby Ultraman with lots of baby monsters too! Haha...

SX? ok bro - major alrt.... I had an SX once and somehow or other they dont even fit the normal non fender type strat pickguards... I had problems findin out till eventually I sold the guit. I may be wrong for your case but suggest U do a direct comparison (i.e take out the pick guard & one to one test with the new pickguard) to check for fitting.

8)

I guess some manufacturers make it slightly diffirently due to copyright issues with fender. FYI the fender licensed co that make necks, bodies etc all pay fender $$$ royalties...many other copy manufacturers dont pay royalties so alter here & there...

The SX I had, when I tried a non fender / fender pickguard on it had the cavity rout showing in certain areas i.e the SX strat pickguard is small.... I may be wrong on yr case but my advise to yoou is just to bring the pickguard down & do a check before buying any replacement pickguard...save yor $ from making any mistake purchase.

Beez G77, Malcolm, mikemann and the rest of the git techs would be able to advise U if wanna change...

my 2 cents 8)

Back