Changes at DXS Committee

plainsman

Hi all,

Just to keep you guys updated, DXS committee had a meeting to discuss direction for the rest of the year.

Present: (6/8) Eric (rudimentaldrummer), Chun Leng (caijunlong), Mel (mel80), Lennat (killerbee), Elaine (snowflier), Alfe (plainsman)

Absent with apologies: James (soft), Fu Man (drum_hobbyist)

Key points discussed:

1. Eric will step down as chairman of DXS, but will stay on as committee member and continue to take care of Marketing/PR

2. Moving forward, there will not be a chairman but a chairperson. The DXS committee will discuss and make decisions as a unit together

3. The DXS committee is committed and responsible for the relevance, survival and growth of DXS

4. Due to changing commitment levels from time to time, the chairperson is not a permanent role but entrusted to the committee member currently most responsible.

5. Eric's duties will be handed over to Alfe, who will be the chairperson of DXS committee.

Yes, eric is indeed stepping down but he will still be around, one of the biggest reasons is that he really needs to take a break and actually spend time on the main thing - his DRUMMING !!!

I think all of you will agree that he has put in incredible efforts and through his incessant prodding and pushing he has managed to lead DXS into what it is today.

I also like to take the opportunity to mention the following bros and sis:

The contributions of these guys will not be forgotten: Reuben, blissuicide (hairi) rla (Rupert), rustee (Jason) I know even though as we had initially started with them being part of the committee, we do understand that changing commitments make it difficult for them to contribute regularly (I will be part of this list someday...)

No way will we be able to maintain DXS without the help of the extended family: DullTheater (nazri), Shred5 (hairul), syamil (smilezdrum)

Not forgetting these guys who make up the backbone of DXS and who I feel best represent the spirit of the DXS attendee: marcdadrummer, drummer-buah, myner, frummer (faidi)

The young guys/fresh blood who have quickly get settled in and having good fun: ceing, pacifusion, xeno, jeepers, LordNagrath, metzalx

Finally... YOU who make it possible for us to keep going, so that you start drumming... and then we also start drumming.

cheers and see you all soon !! :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew.wwww I really needed that Break, and thus I am extremely grateful to Bro Alfe for taking up this responsible role as the ChairPerson of DXS (Believe me Bros/Sis - it's not an easy task here), and all those Bros/Sis as above mentioned by Alfe.

I strongly believed and have full confidence that Alfe will make a great ChairPerson for DXS and lead DXS into it’s next phrase of development from this 2nd Year of Soft’s DXS existence. The Current Committee and especially myself will continue to render our utmost support to Alfe into the running of Soft’s DXS as usual for the Year 2008.

Last but not least “Thank You All – Each And Everyone Here ” - - - DXS will Grow.wwwww !

Eric
PS:- I'm will still continue as your Nice.eeee Forum Moderator ...... hehehe.

Last edited:
Wah I was mentioned!!! Haha :)

We'll miss Eric, but I'm sure Alfe will do just as good a job being chairperson! :mrgreen:

Just wanna say thanks to Eric for his efforts in making DXS what it is today, we started out small but now we are BIG!!!

Of course you're mentioned! In fact I think he missed out many people! Let's hope DXS can continue to grow!

whoa i see my name...( though spelled wrongly HAHA...but its all cool )

I'm so gonna make drummer-buah come back for meet-ups...

metzalx:
Eric will still be around. He is still in the committee. Only difference is he will be taking on less responsibilities so that he can take care of his other committments. :)

Frummer:
Yes yes! Must make drummer-'the black metal spikes Dave Weckl'-buah come! lol.

Wah...you talk until like I'm going, gone and gonna ..har wanna die izzit? Kekekeke (Metzalx Quote:We'll miss Eric,!.) Aiyoh I'm still around helping out, just that my workload is so heavy nowadays (as I'm in Marketing) and me wify is station in Europe and ....Suppliers are pressing me for Higher Targets on Sales - meaning - I will have less time on managing DXS......and don't forget also hor - I'm now "Working Hard On My Drumming - especially working on my Double-Pedal and Learning How To Transcribing Songs.................Plus with my NEWest Hobby - Photography (Manual Photography)....I will get Heart-Attack lah like that. I'm an old-man liao - my heart is bery weak lah..

Give me a short break (doesn't mean dont work here - it means work less thats all) for DXS - and not to worry - - - I will work with the rest of the Committee & Alfe and give you all so much activity at later part of this year for DXS - BUT - you all better come and attend har. (You Asked For It !)

You all never see -I updated all DXS Members Listing here (1st-hand har) ...Kekeke !

PS;- Seriously, with Hundreds over Members in DXS today - It is almost impossible for Alfe to mention all the Names here (but the list is definetely not exhaustive as above) - so don't be too sensitive if our name is not mentioned here - - - - Everyone knows What Alfe means is to all DXS Members who had made a Contribution - This means Everyone Of YOu - in either Big or Small Ways - there is no difference - We're a Family yeah.

Eric

Last edited:
Back