Can BOSS Footswitch be used on Muti effects

FPaulLes

Hey guys, I want to order the BOSS FS5U footswitch but I'm not sure whether it can work on Zoom muti effects. My pedal will be amp->Zoom GFX5->Digitech DF7-> BOSS FS5U footswitch Will it affect anything?? Is it worth to buy?

how wud you wanna use the foot switch for with the multi efx and where wud you wanna connect it?

looking at the gfx 5 spec, i cant find any option to connect the fs5u.

For effect that accomodate footswtich, usually it will be indicated and having an extra jack for it. The gfx 5 doesnt seem to have the option for it.

from the pic i saw, theres one input jack for instrument, stereo output jack and an aux in jack to connect another device to loop samples right?

if you are refering to the tap tempo function, i believe the gfx 5 has its own button/foot pedal assign for that. You dont have to get the fs 5u. Read the manual for tap tempo function and see how to achieve that

You'll need a delay with a tap tempo control. The footswitch itself doesn't do anything.

From the zoom website:
"For standard delay types such as mono delay or ping-pong delay where the effect sound alternates between left and right, delay time can be set in musical note steps. For example, you can automatically get a dotted eighth note delay from the tap tempo beat. Vintage-style echo as well as hold delay (max. 2 seconds) for sound-on-sound effects and reverse play are also available."

Looks like there is an in-built tap tempo. You just need to read the manual on how to use it.

Latest posts

Back