calling fellow home recorder....

cool photo there! we should start posting pix of our ´creative corner´ onto this page!

nice setup! I like the guitar, altho the teddy bear comes a close second
icon_smile.gif

My setup is spread between 2 places and my room is so small i have to stand 2 of my synths on their sides! I will post piccys when i get a chance.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

On 2002-12-30 13:35, leeking wrote:

You should not hv latency issues using the Audiophile ASIO driver. BTW, Audiophile does not hv on board MIDI capabilities, only MIDI I/O....

As for me, I am using AUdiophile solely for Audio, and Soundblaster for my MIDI interface with my sound module.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm..audiophile has no midi banks? I can´t find into on M audio webby. Are most recording sound cards like that? newbie here using SB live! yeah,not even audigy 1

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

On 2004-01-29 22:50, di0nysus wrote:

Hmm..audiophile has no midi banks? I can´t find into on M audio webby. Are most recording sound cards like that? newbie here using SB live! yeah,not even audigy 1

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, most professional audio card does not have on-board MIDI synth.... but in terms of recording quality they are significantly better than SBcards...

keep your SBLive for MIDI and get a real audio card.
icon_smile.gif

Can try below cards:

Audiotrak MAYA44 MKII

AT_maya44mk2_01.jpg

AT_maya44mk2_00_logo.gif

Spec:
4 inputs / 4 outputs, 1/4" TRS Phone Jacks
24bit/96kHz
S/PDIF coaxial and optical digital output
Direct Coaxial and optical digital output
Build-in 4 channel digital mixer
Mic preamp, headphone amp
E-WDM driver( ASIO, MME,WDM,GSIF)
DirectWIRE.

or

ESI Juli@
J-1M.jpg

Specifications.
- DirectWIRE 3.0 support
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz ADC: 114dB dynamic range
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz DAC: 112dB dynamic range
- 2 anlog inputs and 2 analog outputs with unique swappable I/O socket design: users can choose between unbalanced RCA I/O (-10dBV) and Balanced TRS I/O (+4dBu)
- Built in digital optical output - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- Digital coaxial I/O (with support for up to 192kHz) - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- MIDI I/O with 1 input and 1 output
- Complete internal digital mixer – enables to monitor digital I/O as well
- PCI compatibility – designed to suit for +3.3V and/or +5V PCI slots
- EWDM driver support for Windows 98SE/ME/2000 and XP

Hi Den...We all know that you are a sales man from Build...tech malaysia..Trying to sell all egosys stuff as you guys are the dealers. Be reasonable on the pricing and quote in local currency always..

We are not Americans..to buy in US$...We are Asians afford only asian currency... :twisted:

sure, will try to quote in S$ / RM$...... Is it very useflly for your to do the TT in RM $?

ESI Juli@

Hi,

can consider this:

J@-pre.jpg

S$ 330

or

Maya44.jpeg

S$245
+
romio.jpeg

S$ 99

+ good news, you can get it locally in singapore, please PM me if you want to get it.

help!

hey i just started with home recording.. i have this broken shure58. i dropped it once and everytime i record theres this loud irritating buzzing sound in the backgroud.any idea whats the cause? can i get it repaired or smth? mm and does anyone have any gd software to reccommend? smth i can edit my recordings with..wanna get that studio reverb sound..thks..cheers

Shure should be able to service it for you.But charges i'm not too sure.Look out on the shure website for the singapore office to check.

For PC,i would recommend Cakewalk Sonar 3.
If not,Cubase SX is also a good choice.However the reverbs are not that gd.You will need to get some reverb plug-ins.Not advised if you are on a budget.

I'm not too sure with the plug-ins on the lower-end cakewalk products.Shouldn't be that bad.

You'll right!!! Software reverb plugins sure doesn't make it, it ain't just reverb, the chorus plugins are horrid, not to mention the distortion. It's only the EQs that really do a good job.
Cakewalk reverb plugins aren't very good, i prefer TC Works and Waves. However, i would most prefer using hardware reverbs altogether. Somehow, everytime i record, i don't record clean, i try to use the reverb and chorus from the instrument itself, if there is any. More like an estimate, and when there ain't enuff reverb, just a slight coating from plugins.
As for compression, Cubase compression plugin is good, adds a warmth, and Waves is clear..

Sonar is better than Cubase in that it has better arrangement facilities, makes it quicker. Cubase functions are clumsy, so hard to cut and paste etc.. Moreover, one good thing about Sonar is that it accepts VST plugins as well.
Haven't played around with others like Nuendo or Ableton Live yet though, so no comments on those.

i use my on board sequencer on my yamaha. i'm wondering what can i do to simply transfer whole sale, onto a CD without any editing or 3rd party. Kinda like a wav recorder that writes to CD of sorts?

Sonar reverbs are quite good. There's the lexicon pantheon, modelled after the classic hardware lexicon reverbs that appear on the classifieds sometimes, the sonitus reverb, which though from a now defunct company is quite nice and deep, and the cakewalk fx sound stage, which has independent source placements and stereo width parameters so if you want to you can replicate each instrument placement.

Though. it sometimes sounds better if there are different sources with hardware gear.

Back