calling fellow home recorder....

leeking

Since we are ask to test this forum, hope to get to know all u fellow home recorder out there!
icon_smile.gif

hi

do you mean people who does music at home? Ya? Recently just got a Korg Triton(wife wanted it, I would only need a Triton module). Kind of for self-satisfaction and work also. Running mostly Cakewalk and Sound Foundry.

James

yup, those recording at home.... I am more guitar based, using a DG-stomp. I have a JV1010 as well for other sounds.... using Sonar & Soundforge with Audiophile Soundcard.... for vocals, using StudioProjects C1 (great mic!) & SM57 with VC3Q joemeek preamp + RNC compressor.

heya.. have just been into audio for some time, like the fact that i get to play with some really neat toys..
icon_biggrin.gif

Kudos to soft for getting the forums back up! and since i´m cooped-up at home with the flu, i´ll be posting like mad!!! wahahah!!!
icon_evil.gif

(am druged up on antibiotics..)

lotsa a ppl viewing the forums it seems, aint many posting?

i tink the lack in response is becos tis pretty hard to skim thru all the various sub topics to find new postings..

not like newspaper where the newly posted stuff gets on the front cover. similar to the previous SingMusicForum.

btw..anibody uses the audiopihile wif a via chipset? namely the KT133A ?

i intending to buy but scared kena hardware conflicts again.

replies appreciated

=>

hehe..i use mi AGstomp into the mackie 1202 vlz..preamps...set at unity

but i dun understand why it is it so DAMNED NOISY! tis fine when i listen thru to the headfones out on the stomp..

hmm...

right now waiting for creative 24/96 recording ..out next yr..since tis the safest bet against hardware conflicts.

C77,

you;re in luck, I am using Audiophile2496 with Asus MB and Via Chipset K133, no problem whatsever!
icon_smile.gif
The Audiophile will beat whatever Creative has to offer...
icon_smile.gif

C77,

regarding the AGStomp, I am using a DGStomp myself... I think it is better to connect the AGStomp directly to soundcard, the AGStomp is a preamp itself, and going through additional preamp with make the signal noisy.

I connect my DGStomp directly to AUdiophile2496, nice result, pretty quite.
icon_smile.gif

ah..i´ve read couple others who use Asus mb with no problems..

but i haf the worst of the mb series..

MSI KT133A Via..

yeah.. i find it awfully noisy wen i use the pre on my mackie 12 ..even wen trim/gain/out are all set to unity..

i find that i get better results wif the line level inputs on the mixer. However i cannot get a large enuff signal input into mi sequencer...without increase increasing my mainouts which then increase the electical noise again..

i sure would liek to try out the audiopile..but had experience wif the hoontech wif mi via chipset.. gave me hell.. =>

so changed back to audigy..kinda downgrade

but i get peace in return
icon_biggrin.gif

Home studio owners, so am i!

Using Maxi Studio ISIS soundcard, Sonar, Logic, Wavelab, Cubase and have so many other softwares. Tannoy Monitors, Presonus compressor, multieffects and other instruments.

Major in dance music, so if there are any DJs around??

Cheers to all home studio owners, Pity to all recording studios!
icon_eek.gif

Leeking,

Noticed that you´re using Audiophile 2496 soundcard. Just want to find out what´s the latency like when using MIDI together with audio. I´m in the process of planning to expand my DAW to a 4 PC-setup and want to find out cheaper alternatives - ie soundcards with MIDI built in. There are reports that it is better to have audio and MIDI interfaces separate rather than on the same card. What´s your experience with the Audiophile? Btw, my main audio/sequencer DAW uses Unitor 8 and Echo Gina (will change to RME); the other 3 will be dedicated samplers (Giga) and extremely MIDI extensive.

Hi cheez,

not sure if I fully understand your question... but there should not be any latency issues with using MIDI and Audio simultaneously.

You should not hv latency issues using the Audiophile ASIO driver. BTW, Audiophile does not hv on board MIDI capabilities, only MIDI I/O....

As for me, I am using AUdiophile solely for Audio, and Soundblaster for my MIDI interface with my sound module.

Leeking,

Some claims that having audio and running MIDI apps via MIDI I/O on the same card taxes the card and causes unacceptable audio (drop-outs, clicks and pops) and MIDI latency. I see that you´re using Creative as your MIDI interface. Ever tried the MIDI on the Audiophile while running audio at the same time?

I hope to cut down cost - ie getting 3 soundcards with MIDI I/O build-in rather than getting 3 soundcards and 3 separate MIDI interfaces for 3 PCs.

The Audiophile is a powerful and stable card... I dun think running Audio & MIDI will effect the performance. I never heard of this problems from fellow Audiophile users....

With today powerful PC, MIDI activities is relatively non-power demanding and should not affect the Audio processing capability.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

With today powerful PC, MIDI activities is relatively non-power demanding and should not affect the Audio processing capability.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, I think it does depends somewhat on the interface and drivers. I used to use Opcode for MIDI but the latency was so bad that I had to switch over to MOTU - the latency improved dramatically.

Also, I think it depends on what the PC is used for. My CPU resources is totally drained by Giga; furthermore I do mainly orchestral arragements which takes up nothing less than 40 midi tracks (may go up to 100) with lots of mod-wheels, volume changes etc. That´s why I think a good interface makes a lot of difference. What do you think?
icon_smile.gif

Hi! Where to get this Audiophile soundcard? Coz been using Creative soundcard and would like to have a change, if the price is within my range.

Thanks.

audiophile? i think u can get them at sinamex.com or try goin there personally at sohia road (next to citymusic building)

Hey count me in too , altho i don´t have any recording gear as yet coz i can´t decide on the format but it loox like its gona be PC based HD recording as the most economical way altho not the most user friendly. Got lotsa hardware based synths and sequencers tho. Someone mentioned a Joemeek VC3Q? I´m thinking of getting that to pair with my NT2 , which has been sitting silently in it´s box. Also maybe looking for NS10s for nearfields. Good luck finding them tho.

I have been playing synths since 87 so my ´studio´ is not exactly well balanced. Far from it! It would be nice if we could all post piccys of our setups on here! That would make things interesting. Everybody loves to look at piccys of other ppls gear!
icon_biggrin.gif

Hhunter,

VC3Q - good stuff, I got mine from sinamex as well.

NS10 - they are discountnued, can get used from studios, or get the MSP5.

Here´s a pic of my studio:

fd086e95.jpg

Back