Buying a Fender Deluxe/American Tele from Blackwood Guitars OR Swee Lee?

distortion81

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a fender deluxe or american standard tele , but i checked on the internet about blackwood guitars and swee lee pricing....there is such a HUGE difference between these 2 shop! An American Standard tele can go at $3400 at Swee Lee but at Blackwood its going at $1900.

Fender website is stating the MSRP in US Dollar is around $1399.

Anybody have any ideal if Swee Lee is over pricing their guitars big time or BWG's guitar got problem?

The guitar from both shops are authentic, the price you see at swee lee is probably the one before the storewide discount.

its 2nd hand price vs 1st hand price then. I would opt for 2nd hand cos the price would be rather consistent after buying it (meaning you don't make much of a loss).

As long as the guitar is not broken, why not?

However, first hand gives you the power of choice. picking the guitar that sounds the best, colour options etc.

All in all, it really depends on how much you want to spend (budget)

Hi,

I mean most of us that are seasoned guitar equipment buyers will probably realise that swee lee usually sells their items at a higher price. This can be commonly seen when u compare their boss pedal prices to places like davies or SV and also guitars like epiphone. If you really want a place that sells brand new fender guitars at a rather low price i recommend SV, but I dont know if they have the model you are seeking for. Swee Lee is also possible but u just miss out their once a year black friday sales which you could have probably gotten your tele for half the price :)

^Yep agreed.
Must remember to ask for the unwritten discount. 20% i think? If you buy from there. Definitely go SV for Fenders. SV or BGW. At SV, can try to ask mike to bring in.

Oh there is such a thing as a unwritten discount there ah?Havent tried it before though..Usually get my stuff frm davies or SV. The only time i got stuff from swee lee was during their recent black friday sale which already had a 50% cut on most of their stuff lol

This isn't official, but for those who've had to buy many things from Swee Lee, they've often noticed that while the prices are markedly more expensive than normal, there is always a 20% discount given when a quote is asked for, although this is not a rule of thumb. The prices then usually look for normal. However, the SV price for the Fender American Strats is probably one of the best in Singapore currently, and you get a piece that is well taken care of and properly setup by Mike. At SL, from my experience, the guitars are left in factory condition (if you happen to like a piece that has a poor setup, no free setup) and are sometimes dusty and have some dings and scratches.

Oh there is such a thing as a unwritten discount there ah?Havent tried it before though..Usually get my stuff frm davies or SV. The only time i got stuff from swee lee was during their recent black friday sale which already had a 50% cut on most of their stuff lol

Yes, but as loldude said, sometimes only...
And don't ask for discount on strings or lemon oil. It's generally for guitars i think.

Well, i'd buy from SL even though their prices aren't THAT GREAT, but they have really good aftersales service, could get that anywhere else, but the day after I bought my guitar from them, they offered to change the guitar no questions asked cause the neck looked funky

Well, i'd buy from SL even though their prices aren't THAT GREAT, but they have really good aftersales service, could get that anywhere else, but the day after I bought my guitar from them, they offered to change the guitar no questions asked cause the neck looked funky

That's a first for me. Never heard such stuff about their aftersales service. Maybe they are taking a turn for the better (hopefully so will the prices!). :p

That's a first for me. Never heard such stuff about their aftersales service. Maybe they are taking a turn for the better (hopefully so will the prices!). :p

That was last year at the Bras Basah outlet. Really good service :). Stayed there for about 2 hours trying out diff guitars and they gave me an even bigger discount on the Laney Amp I bought together with the guitar. Overall i find the Bras Basah workers very good. The nice auntie and the younger auntie at the cashier :p Never got their names

Back