Buy/Sell Section: Mark this thread as sold

relinquish69

Hi there,

I've been using soft as a platform to sell my stuff for quite a while. Thank you for the opportunity to let me do so.

There is this function that marks your thread as sold, indicating that the item is no longer available. However, is it possible for that thread to self destruct by itself after 1 week? No point keeping that ad up right?

Please consider this suggestion. My number of started threads are starting to clutter up. Many thanks!

regards
Jerry

Great suggestion, but maybe if we can have the option of choosing whether we want the ad to expire within a week or to just let it be, that would be good as well.

+1

Totally agree

For me, i do not like my contact data still being around after the deed is complete. just makes no sense to have it still lying around.

I prefer it to stay as a public record of your deals and reputation. And admit it, we've all referred to older threads as a benchmark of prices.

Regarding privacy, the moment you put up your data on a public site, you're accepting the risk that it will be out there indefinitely. There are ways to find it after the thread is deleted.

@relinquish69 the forum software supports searching by forum/category. http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/search.php?search_type=1 You can set threads started by you, then select all subforums except for buy/sell.

Back