Buttons on guitar

Button? I think you meant knobs right? Well, in the case of your strat, basically you take a plier and pull them out. That's what i've done. Although it's going to leave an awful scar on your old knobs but since you're changing the old ones, there's no point in keeping them in good condition, right? :)

detroit_red said:
I don't think he's changing them .. You don't need pliers really .. Can use fingers ... pull outwards ...

Er.. I don't know about the other strats but i sure had a hard time pulling out the volume knob of my strat. That's why i ended up with a plier. Well, maybe it's because I've never pulled them out since i bought them about 10 years ago. :wink:

Anyway, if you could pull it out by hand, do it by all means, but all effort fails, get the plier. :)

small flat straight screw driver...slowly, work around the areas while pulling up the knob....

if you use a flat head screwdriver, you need to be careful you don't scratch or dent the finish of the guitar.

read somewhere ... u can use a cloth .. those that u use to clean your guitar ... goes under the knob and around and twist at the top until the whole cloth is so twisted-up that it rap ard the knob ... then, gently lift it up and out comes your knob w/o any harm ... :)

Yeah,
take a shirt, wrap the edge of the shirt under the knob twist the shirt till it is tight and pull.

The knob will come off in the shirt and leave the guitar undamaged.

I got this from project guitar.

Haha, buttons. :lol:

Thanks for all your input...I'm not changing knobs...my current knobs are crooked...I wanted to make 'em straight so I asked, but apparently, they're crooked from the inside...

And that's an awesome idea, thor666

Back