Bridge for Fender Jazzmaster/ 2005 Schecter Hellcat

KennethC

Hi guys,

I just bought a 2005 schecter hellcat, but I'm having some probs with it. Here's a pic of it for starters:

http://www.onlinestagegear.com/brand/Schecter/Hellcat-WHT.jpg

Here are the specs:

Binding - Creme (Neck)
Body - Alder
Bridge/Tremolo - Vintage Tremolo System
Controls - Vol, Tone, 3 Mini On-Off-Tap
Fingerboard - Rosewood
Frets - 22
Inlays - Pearl Blocks
Machine Heads - Grover
Neck Joint - Bolt-On
Neck Material - Maple
Pickguard - Tortoise
Pickups - Duncan Designed SC-104
Scale - 25 1/2"

It's basically a copy of the Fender Jazzmaster. I bought it online(yep never buy a guitar till u test it out...I guess.)

I get ALOT of string buzz, and it seems like that's the case for many fender jazzmasters cos of the bridge, which uses saddles that have many grooves(basically screw threads. The strings jump outta place when some force is applied while playing, and there is constant string buzz when playing notes on the 2nd half of the fretboard (closer to the neck pickup).

I was wondering if any of you have had such experiences, and if you'd have advice on how to solve this problem. Should I buy a replacement bridge that has saddles with single grooves for a Jazzmaster/Mustang on eBay? I don't know if it'll fit, cos they're made for those guits. Anyone owned/own a Schecter Hellcat?

It seemed like a great deal when i found it online, but now it seems like it was a bad choice. Any help appreciated guys, thanks.

Cheers,
Ken

nothing wrong with that kinda vintage style bridge... it works fine on my tele. granted, its not exactly the same as my tele, but the strings on mine also rest on screw threads.

string buzz etc could be due to bad setup - if you cant do it yourself, get it down to a shop.

Hey Mr.E,

thanks for ur suggestion, i got the guit setup nicely and it plays v well. made my day, thanks again! =)

Back