Boss DD-20 V.S Line 6 DL4

angussham

Section 'D' (41m)

Essay question :

Compare and contrast the Boss DD-20 and Line 6 DL-4
in terms of

a) functions (5m)
b) user-friendliness (5m)
c) aesthetic(1m) --> This is kinda give-away mark!!!
e) sound (10m)
f) Choose 1 of the above as your choice of Delay and why.
None of the above is also an answer! (20m)

Just for fun my friends!
Thought it would be interesting to hear from all you delay fanatics out there!

Last edited:
ok lemme give a proper answer...heheh

For me it's none of the above!!!

I prefer the Boss DD-7...imho it is has a couple of added functions and most importantly it's compact in size and lightweight.

a) My fav functions are the hold delay (useful when practicing n jamming on ur own), the analog delay (delay + reverb) and the modulation delay (delay + chorus).

b) It' s just 4 knobs that are clearly labeled. You can also use it with a tap tempo!

c) As with other Boss Digital Delays, I think the sound is good!

It's really a b!tch to carry your pedalboard around (for me at least), so I always try to minimize the weight I carry around.

However, I guess the DD-20 has way more functions.

Angus you're the man with the delay works! :lol:

i tried both out.. nothing came close to the digitech timebender.. im a boss freak but digitech has taken the dd-20 through the wall.. its over priced at swee lee.. but then what can u expect from such an arrogant store? i would definitely recommend you try it out.. order it from the states..

i've owned both. dd-20 is easier to use
but dl-4 is more versatile and you can switch saved presets alot faster.
i'll go with the dl-4.
dd-7 doesn't even come close to both as its just a single pedal with only one setting. for me, the 3 saved presets on the dl-4 is enough compared to the 5 saved presets on the dd-20.

yup. that being said, i think the TC nova delay, empress superdelay, eventide timefactor should be brought into comparison as well. haven't used any of them, and as such i would like to hear others opinion.

dl4 is a million times better..

it has tonnes of delay type, even able to emulate U2's delay settings..it is able to give u sound from pedal that would set u back for quite a bit..extremely easy to use because it comes with a great manual..

buckethead uses it, john mayer uses it (in his live in LA dvd)..
a lot more people use it-explains its credibility..

my pick is dd20. i've been using it for almost two years. you need to know how to use its functions for it to work well though if not it'll just be another expensive toy that you dont know how to use

The Line 6 M9 will kill the DL-4 since it offers everything a DL-4 does (without the setbacks like reliability and volume drop) plus more (like layering reverb with delay).

The Boss is good and sturdy but the Digitech Time Bender does normal delay better and then some; what with its whacky whammy-like features on your repeats.

Back