Blues Rock Pop Guitar Instructor for hire!

johnlye

Hi folks! Currently offering guitar lessons for all you aspiring guitar players. Have been sessioning, teaching and performing since 2004. I have been involved in quite a number of gigs since that time including showcases for arts promotion agencies, weddings, pub gigs, club gigs local and overseas notably in UK and even national day parade back in 2006.

Am currently a full time musician and instructor. Fronting a power trio as the singer/guitarist playing blues and classic rock usually jamming at Crazy Elephant if you manage to catch me there on a Sunday evening heh. Some will remember me as the solo live looping acoustic guy formerly at The King Louis restaurant at Vivocity. Also playing a fusion band playing alot of groove music and jazz, rock, funk. Also am no stranger to studios as a sessionist for recording sessions.

Although I have been sessioning and performing a wide variety of genres such as pop, blues, rock, jazz, chinese etc, I am really influenced by blues and rock guitar players from old school guys like BB King, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, Albert King to guys like Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Jimmy Page, Robben Ford to guys like Joe Perry and Slash and the likes. Modern rock and pop tunes are definitely not beyond me as well as I enjoy alternative music and top 40s as well.

Slots now open for guitar lessons for beginners, intermediate players and beyond.
Will cover basics such as chords, simple scales, strumming techniques etc to various techniques like sliding, hammer-ons/pulloffs, string bending etc to various practical theory essentials as various scales, arpeggios and modes eventually and the application of your techniques + theory.

And of course blues players are all about the feel so I promise i will give tips on how to PUT THE FEEL BACK IN YOUR PLAYING. Various acoustic guitar specific techniques like plucking, trapping, rhythm/solo playing are also done for acoustic players. Will also cover the usage of guitar amps and effects and what's best in my opinion for the tone you want.

Lessons held at my home studio in Pasir Ris and are normally an hour but I usually go over till we finish.

Call/Sms John! Cheers!

John Lye

Weekday and weekend slots now available! Come as a group and get a better deal! Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Weekday and weekend slots now available! Come as a group and get a better deal! Cheers!

Back