beta aivin hm200 users

bf0502tr

Hey peeps I've got the mentioned pedal and I have a problem of sounding too thin. I'm using a cij strat with dimarzio area 58 neck, vv blues mid and fast track bridge. Amp always changes but usually during jamming it's a vox avt 50 or 100. Settings on any amp I use is always 12 o clock for all eq. (I run the pedal through the clean channel) here's my usual pedal settings (I'm still baffled as to why ppl still say I sound thin or shrill)
bass-max
trebble-12o clock
mid-max
freq-almost zero
gain-3o clock

Any constructive comments would be appreciated thx.

record your sound with a proper audio interface, either mic up amp or straight to audio interface and post it up.

Those setting values are pretty much useless coz just by seeing it, even if everything is set to maximum, we still cant gauge anything, without hearing it. Afterall, it is sound we are trying to work on.

I bought this pedal to see how a $55 pedal would fare against some of my boutique, pricier high gain pedals. It didn't fare too badly but it does have a certain sound to it and it does need to be tweaked carefully.

You've focused your mids on the low LOW mids (mid-max, freq-almost zero). What would cut thru then? Your treble. Thin, shrill treble.

From what I've experienced tweaking it, you need to be very careful with the treble + mid freq + mids controls. Those seem to be the key to cutting thru and avoiding the bees-in-a-can sound.

Go easy on the mids + mids freq controls. They are very sensitive.

Maybe something like this would fare better:
bass - 2 o'clock
treble - 10 to 11 o'clock
mid - 1 to 2 o'clock
freq - 10 to 11 o'clock
gain - 3 o'clock

Then play loud.

bro u can try this trick for this pedal.

Getting a good mid scooped sound aka scoop the unpleasant mids, keep the good ones

set bass and treble to 12oclock

set mid to max and slowly test how the sound changes when u turn the mid freq knob from min to max.

find the frequency which gives u the worst sound. and then turn the mid knob to something like 9 o clock or less to scoop out mids that doesnt sound good.

Adjust the bass and treble to taste. You should be able to get a metal rhythm sound this way.

Get another distortion pedal if you wanna play leads. Then turn off the hm200 and switch on the lead distortion for your lead tones.

Let me know wads the outcome of this if u decide to try it :D

thanks shredcow and mightyboy88 for ur suggestions. i will them out this coming jamming. hope to yield positive results...cant stand the thought of having to use another guitar just cos i cant find the right settings for this pedal with my strat haha

Latest posts

Back