BEST PUNK IN CHINA! IT'S ALL ABOUT CHINA ROCK!!

Hey yeah! Awesome stuffs. And I totally agree about rock crowds in Singapore being too quiet. Not only that, some people in the crowd who starts jumping at concerts and all, would probably get dissed at by alot others. But yeah, can't really help it I guess. So just stick to what you enjoy doing. Hats off to you Chinese for being so happening! =)

MichaelAngelo said:
aarghh...whats with that CHI TUT english?...
ha,you should have not thought too much about BrainFailure's english...you know it has its own style~~as i said above,english with cute beijing accent~~dude,it's not the time for English class,k?
and yeah,Ronin's the very band which impressed me much at Rock On Singapore and they let me see the hope of singapore rock...wohoo~~

BrainFailure, thanks for sharing with us these information.

with the huge population in china, anything they want to do, they will be able to get better results.

say for example the beauty pagent contest, almost all contestents can already play piano, dance, paint, sing, act and most important - speak!

in 'other' countries, the winner will be sent for training in all these areas. and then they will be groomed into actors and singers who can do a little bit of music, dance .....

it is incredible!

soft said:
BrainFailure, thanks for sharing with us these information.
i'd love to share more about China Rock in the future^^
looking forward to a day that China&Singapore rock bands performe together~~ :wink:

and yet...can anybody tell me if there's any mag for the local music in Singapore?coz i didnt find it.all i see is foreign mags like Rolling Stone...Kerrang or Rock Sound..
in China,there're two main rock mags for the local rock music(also include some hip-hop)
通俗歌曲(ROCK)
&我爱摇滚乐(SO ROCK)
and also there're other rock mags like 口袋音乐,非音乐&重型音乐
here're the links for ROCK&SO ROCK

http://www.xmusicmag.com/bizhi.html
http://www.sorock.com/
and if you understand chinese,just go check it! and these two mags are also the supportor for MIDI MODERN MUSIC FESTIVAL.

and yes,dont forget SCREAM-RECORDS嚎叫唱片,it's a big name for china rock!

U107P28T3D522277F326DT2004100200473.jpg

logo for last year's MIDI MODERN MUSIC FESTIVAL :idea:

BrainFailure said:
ha,you should have not thought too much about BrainFailure's english...you know it has its own style~~as i said above,english with cute beijing accent~~dude,it's not the time for English class,k?
haha, but im a person who wants things properly done. Eg. If u are better off singing a mandrin song, then do it, rather than make embarrassing attempts to sing in English. Anyway, just like what mr. soft said, in china, if people wanna do something, they surely can do it well, so i guess, surely, there is some other china band that can sing in english decently? Im not looking for a quarrel ok bro, im just stating my feelings, haha...:)

okay,the truth is they can speak english& the leading singer also can speak french....but that's just the way they sing.k?with their BEIJING ACCENT..and its like some rock bands or hip-hop band like CMCB loves to rap with their beijing dialect 8)and yep,there're also other bands that can sing in enligsh well......and i believe if Brain Failure wants to sing in a proper way they can make it...but it's just their style,ha.
and i see your point :wink:
it's good to have a disscussion...you know everybody has his own mind,right?so just go ahead :D

the day b4 i went china this year... i dreamt that i would find a pink fender strat in dumpster in china.... i sompa swearafri its true.... hahha...

Anyway i think its great that so many chinese bands are emerging... i believe they will rock the world.... maybe they'll come out with their own brand of music just like the afro-americans came out with the blues.....

I would like to see though that the successful bands be singing in chinese..... nothing against english singing ones.. just personal preference..... think it would be cooler this way...

Back