best place selling mics?

unholyernest

i'm looking for mainly vocals mic for recording such as shure sm58..beta 58a..so on..
and maybe some other brands that i can consider..

so where's the place that has the best price?

you should get a condenser mic for recording vocal and not dynamic mic like sm57 or 58. i think you should check out hung's bro at sim lim, or the shop around the corner at the same level.

huh..ok.. wait.. i still beginner at recording vocals.. but y dynamic shouldn't be used to record vocals?

i wanted to get the sm58 or beta58a as my first mic.. cuz i thought they were like.. the standard kind for vocals..

please enlighten me.. haha..

sm 58 and other dynamic mics are mainly for live uses as they are rather durable and tough but the sound that they captured are not as detailed as what a condenser mic could capture. The condenser has greater frequency response and transient response and thus makes it more sensitive as compared to a dynamic mic. A dynamic mic has limited range of frequency response so they might not be able to capture some of the softer tone.But for a microphone, you can't really go wrong with a sm58 because its the type of mic which you will always have uses for. For vocal, definitely go for a condenser mic.

wa.. ok i understand fully. was about to buy sm58 haha..

ok..then for condenser.. any to recommend?
i know people will start saying things like. different people need different kind. but i need a all rounder kinda mic.. budget will be like.. $200 loh.. i know condenser cost a lot more...

was thinking of rode.. but i'm sure thats too expensive.. i'll go check out hung brothers tomorrow lah.. thanks a lot!

Does your vocals involve screaming? If it does, stick to sm58. Otherwise, at2020 is highly recommended.

nope.. all nice and sweet and gentle voice.. so i think the at2020 is quite good.. affordable, high quality..
i'll think about it lah..

thanks a lot man!

Back