Bassist / Drummer wanted for Grunge Rock.

sheesh123

Hi ! Me and my friend keith (knn90) are looking for a bassist and a drummer to form a band. Just a little intro about us:

Vocalist (me):
Been singing on and off since 2003 up to 2007/08, started more seriously from then till now. My influences (as a vocalist) are mainly Kelly Jones(Stereophonics), Johnny Rzeznik (GGD), Lajoon Witherspoon(7dust), Scott Weiland (STP), Chris Cornell(Audioslave), Noel/Liam Gallagher(Oasis). Experimented with many different styles before settling for a grunge/husky sort of tone. Have no qualms doing a little acoustic rhythm while singing.

Guitarist (keith):
I've been playing guitar since 2006, progressing from more acoustic stuff to electric over the years. My playing style is influenced by Mark Tremonti, Eric Clapton, Philip Sayce, Richie Sambora, Matt Roberts, Chris Henderson, and Tyler Connolly. Basically its anything melodic, be it clean or dirty and heavy. I have my own gear which should be more than sufficient for me to play what i want.

Bassist:
We need you to have basic music theory in terms of keys, scales, and rhythm. It would be great if you have your own equipment, and that u know how to EQ your bass to have the slight punch for grooviness and give the band a full sound, but not be overwhelmingly boomy. Playing wise, we do not need you to be very technical, and would prefer you to feel and follow the music.

Drummer:
The most important thing is that u can set a steady tempo and maintain it for the band to follow, speeding up or slowing down when necessary. You should also be versatile enough to handle fast rocking songs, and slow laidback songs. We would really like it if u are able to vary your drumming volume and intensity for variation within song, and different performance venues too. Fanciful or sophisticated playing styles like double pedaling is not required.

We intend to move in the musical direction of Stereophonics, Theory of a Deadman, Alter Bridge, Audioslave, Sevendust, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Stone Sour, basically a grunge/rock sound. Then again, it's always best to have our own sound, so everyone's invited along for the ride.

We're planning to start off this band as a 'for fun' sort of thing, to just get together and jam. Regarding performances, we'll see where this takes us. We plan to do at least 2-4 jamming sessions a month, each 2 hourly long. Placewise/timings can be fixed according to our individual schedules (yes we're flexible heh). All of us will contribute an equal portion to the jamming fees. We're both 20 at the moment, 21 by this year. Gender and race, no issue at all, as long as everyone has the drive to have fun/make music. By the way, both of us stay in the east, so it'll be a little more convenient if you're an eastie too.

For a start, we'll be jamming these songs:
Dakota - Stereophonics
Gimme Shelter - Stereophonics (Rolling Stones cover)
Angel's Son - Sevendust
Plush - Stone Temple Pilots

If you're interested, do contact me at 91811468 or PM me with your details. If you happen to have samples of your playing or written stuff, do feel free to send it too. Waiting to hear from you guys soon !

Edited - 13/02/11
Hi all again. samples/demos are up !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWAOtTTMpbY

just click on the 'all videos' to hear the other 2 songs (the one in black with white texts). just to let you guys get a feel of our sound (acoustic/grunge kinda lepak style haha) so yes.
was done in a carpark with a mic attached to a laptop, so I apologize if quality isn't up there.
do get back to us with any PMs or such !

Last edited:
yeah,i like Kelly Jones(Stereophonics) and STP's Scott Weiland and Chris Cornell(Audioslave), Noel/Liam Gallagher(Oasis). singing style!
:)good luck

speaking abt stylo, STPs Scott is tooo stylo.....the hair colour, the clothes....yeap im gonna start dressing like him, moving like him especially in vasoline video!!!!

Gimme Shelter is by the Rolling Stones. Bump for CNY!

yeap we know that. its just that we want to do a cover similar to stereo's version..

its like how rock/metal bands say that they are covering seether's careless whisper instead of george michael's careless whisper, or nightwish's phantom of the opera instead of sarah brightman and michael crawford's version. no doubt the rolling stones makes some great music, but music is personal, and we prefer stereo's version for this song..

thx anw fr the bump, & cheers to all fr cny! =)

ah yes, you've met the guitarist there. haha. point noted, failed to include that we're covering Stereophonics' cover of gimme shelter.

oh, happy cny to all !

Hi all again. samples/demos are up !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWAOtTTMpbY

just click on the 'all videos' to hear the other 2 songs (the one in black with white texts). just to let you guys get a feel of our sound (acoustic/grunge kinda lepak style haha) so yes.
was done in a carpark with a mic attached to a laptop, so I apologize if quality isn't up there.
do get back to us with any PMs or such !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back