Bass Pedals GT-10B or GT-6B?

freezer000

Hi all,
anyone of you using a Boss GT-10B or GT-6B? Any comments or reviews or what makes u choose one instead of the other?

From what I know is that GT-10B has a usb port to link up with a pc, whereas GT-6B uses XLR.
The other thing is GT-10B has some preloaded patches for non-technical ppl who does not want to spend hrs figuring how to do a patch.

Honestly, I am very green to pedals, so don't flame me if I sound ignorant. ;)

what effect you looking for? every consider individual stomp boxes?

I am looking to get the sound like the band Muse "Hysteria" and "Time is running out", and also a loop effect. Err.. individual boxes very ex to get so many, plus messy, next I wouldn't know which effect to place in what order.
Btw, what's the pros / cons using individual boxes vs all in one multi effects pedal?

Ironically, multifx are often more complicated than individual effects. Even the Line6 m13 with dedicated displays and knobs, the first time you look at one you're going to be stumped, especially if you've not fiddled with any other kind of effects before.

The other thing is GT-10B has some preloaded patches for non-technical ppl who does not want to spend hrs figuring how to do a patch.

Don't expect the presets to sound anything like Muse. Will definitely need to tweak.

Thanks for advice. I probably need to do more research and you-tubing to hear the sounds of individual stomp boxes.
Let's say I decide to get individual stomp boxes, any idea where to get 2nd hand bass stomp boxes other than the classifieds in soft, any shops to recommend?

ok will check that forum out.

Btw, I have a noobie question, do you guys take out your 9 volt battery when you plug in your power adaptor or just leave the battery inside the stomp box and just switch on the power adaptor?

To reduce weight (yeah, if you have several pedals, the total number of batteries contribute to the total), I only have a 9V battery to my pedal-tuner. The rest, I dont. Which means, in case of power failure - I'll by pass all effect pedals. Only the tuner is the most essential to me.

Furthermore, am using the Sanyo Eneloop Music Booster rechargeable pack for powering all my pedals.

Jam/practice/fiddling around, batteries out. If something goes wrong, no problem to fiddle, or bypass first and fix some other time.

Batteries in just before any serious situation, soundcheck/gig/etc. Most pedals that have a power jack, will also disconnect the battery when a power cable is connected, regardless of whether the source is on or off. If something's up with power during gig, simple matter of pulling each pedal's power cable out, and batteries will kick in.

Are you concerned about batteries bleeding dry, or pedals dying on you?

try the m9/m13 dead easy to use and u an arrange the effects whichever way u want and sounds great, infact some of the efx is even better than the efx they are model after.

city music got sale so got time to get it. i use to use individual stomp boxes, got a few very expensive boutique pedals, etc..etc..

if u want to get a muse sound, surf talkbass there is a discussion abt getting muse sound, but bear in mind chris rig is insane and his dirt pedal Animato is almost impossible to find.

After going down to city music and penin and bras basah for a few times to test multi efx and individual stomp boxes, I realised I prefered the tone of stomp boxes. It has a more raw sound to it compared to multi efx. (Hope I am making sense).

So far I just bought a Big muff Pi, and getting a digitech bass synth wah, prob gonna be GAS for more.

Back